Gaming Infinite Space hype

pichon64

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uruguay
I'm also expecting a good game on 'Infinite Space'. Although it isn't like the old 'Elite' (I wish it was a little like that) I'm looking forward to it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is probably my most hyped game for March for the DS. I'm still not quite sure about it, though.

Most sites say it's a RPG, others say it's a SRPG. What is it? If it's SRPG then I'll be incredibly frustrated. I'm so goddamn sick of SRPG games.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking forward to it too.
biggrin.gif

I've been proverbially counting the days since the Japanese version came out.

Rev Jim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guyana
Can't wait! I might even end up puitting down Lunar: SSH PSP to play this.

Either way, they'll both take a back seat next week to...you know it, do I even have to say?

biggrin.gif

SMT: Strange Journey!!!

Yeah baby, that's what I'm talking 'bout!

But yeah, this looks like a great game in it's own right, a very deep, long, well-crafted strategy title from what I've read.

Rev Jim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guyana
reilina said:
this, Fragile and resonance of fate are the ones im waiting for. i was planning to buy pokemon and FFXIII, instead i gamble on this two games (I hope they are good)

Did the japanese version have an AP? coz if not chances are the eng ver wont have it.

I sure hope Fragile Dreams is good, it's looks great from what I have seen!

Too many games so far this year...

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm pretty excited for this, I've also read some positive reviews. March has been an awesome month for gaming - FF13, GOW3, JC2, HG/SS, Infinite Space and SMT: Strange Journey

Ralek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You forgot Fragile Dreams and Resonance of Fate (End of Eternity) ^^ but yeah I'm hyped for Infinite Space, kinda reminds of Legend of Galactic Heroes my lifetime favourite anime series
biggrin.gif
so whats not to luv!

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
This is probably my most hyped game for March for the DS. I'm still not quite sure about it, though.

Most sites say it's a RPG, others say it's a SRPG. What is it? If it's SRPG then I'll be incredibly frustrated. I'm so goddamn sick of SRPG games.
It's not an SRPG, check out this preview for a little more info.

Prime_Zero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am now did'nt know about it till yesterday, when I was checking out the prices of the new pokemon game on the gamestop website and saw the trailer for it. But I still want golden sun ds more xD

albel005

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prime_Zero said:
I am now did'nt know about it till yesterday, when I was checking out the prices of the new pokemon game on the gamestop website and saw the trailer for it. But I still want golden sun ds more xD

Yea it's gonna be awesome but ohhhh man Golden Sun ds its gonna be so good i've been waiting so long

don_eno

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Guild McCommunist said:

srpg are the best games for the ds

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh well.......I went all around town, and to many different stores (Targets, Wal-Marts, Gamestops, K-Marts, Toys'R'Us's, Best Buys, a few obscure gameshops that are around) looking for this game today. Blew about a third of a tank of gas (and my car gets really good mileage too), no one around me has it yet.

Since Sega has made the game manual available online ( http://dl.sega.com/guide/infinite-space/in...g-manual-us.pdf ), I'll just wait for a free slurpy scene release like everyone else then. It's not like I need to buy it for the manual anymore.
smileipb2.png

The only possible reason for me to even consider buying it now is if it has AP when it hits the scene. And we all know it most likely will have the same type of AP as Sonic Classic and Sega Racing did. I figure that if it doesn't run on my CycloDS when a scene release hits (probably tomorrow or Thursday), it will be sometime next week before TC will get another FW update out to fix it (they've been pumping FW updates out lately, but they already released one this week). Screw it! I think I can wait one more week to play it free instead of buying it. After all, there's always a chance the DS emulators will play it just fine......I'll practice up on the emu, and I'll be that much more familiar with it when the game is fixed on the CycloDS and I'll save money in the process.
ph34r.gif

One Gamestop employee told me that they'll have it tomorrow (and I assume everyone else will too), but the game is going to have a small production run......this might end up making it hard to find if one doesn't pre-order it (or if no one dumps it for the scene).
But you know, it WAS a Gamestop employee.....
wtf.gif
....I take everything they say with a grain of salt. Most of them don't have a clue what's going on anyway and they just......hesitate when you ask them something, then just start talking at you, trying to recommend stuff you don't care about or attempting to sell you a pre-order or some discount card, regardless of how much (or little) they actually know about....anything. It's very exhausting going to Gamestop......
unsure.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don_eno said:
Guild McCommunist said:

srpg are the best games for the ds

They're not bad games, I played them a lot, but they became so old and so plentiful that I've become permanently sick of the genre.

Also, @Rayder, odds are today's the ship date.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
They're not bad games, I played them a lot, but they became so old and so plentiful that I've become permanently sick of the genre.

Also, @Rayder, odds are today's the ship date.

I found Sonic Classic Collection and Sonic & Sega Racing on their ship dates, I didn't have to wait an extra day for them. Occasionally, certain stores will have a game right on the ship date instead of one day later, I just hoped this game would have been one of them, since the 2 previous Sega releases were. Apparently this game isn't though. I'm sure it will be everywhere tomorrow. Besides, it saves me money to just get the scene release anyway. The manual was my main concern, and they're providing that online, so......
smileipb2.png

Heh, just received a phone call from my sister.....I have to head out about 9AM to take 2 of her kids to school tomorrow. Something about she has an appointment to go to....I said I'd help out. Since I'll actually be out tomorrow to run them to school anyway......hmm.....maybe I'll buy the game after all.
tongue.gif

|END|

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloodangel said:
i have been told that one person has it atleast, got it from gamestop. But most are saying its not anywhere local in USA.
frown.gif
T.T That explains why no roms are up.
With our luck, it'll be protected.

sa1amandra

Gazzaro Launching!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm asuming that this game has a hell of a steep learning curve like another RTS out there *coughknightsintheknightmarecough* and has a long play time. If your going to play this game, read and comprehend the instructions x3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn