Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS1 said:
Leopold said:
nuker said:
DS Game of the Year 2010??

Nice try, but I'm going to put money it'll get washed over by the Kingdom Hearts game or Pokemons. If it takes more than 4 buttons to do something the average player is just going to say "TOO HARD NO LIKE!" especially if you are dying at every other battle because of strategy issues.

/Looks at Demon Souls
//Shakes fist
///powers up PS3

Lol, that's funny considering Infinite Space uses no buttons (just stylus), and it's really shallow in terms of strategy. Pokemon is way harder, sadly.

But pokemon are so much cuter, or at least that's what most will say.

Leopold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS1 said:
Lol, that's funny considering Infinite Space uses no buttons (just stylus), and it's really shallow in terms of strategy. Pokemon is way harder, sadly.

You have menus to navigate, people to equip, ship tetris to match upto, jobs to assign. Pokemon is much easier than this as I can cart around the same firey lizard and kill everything in my path after it's uber leveled up.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS1 said:

Impossible!

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Must... resist... urge... to read... reviews...

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what PlatinumGames decides to with the RPG genre. Their games so far have been of the actiony type.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Waiting eagerly for this. Thankfully I have my journey through the Ice Path to Blackthorne city to keep me amused for a while, not to mention my team is in dire need of some additional training. About to fight for my 8th badge and my team's only around level 30. Normally I have at least one level 50 by now...

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, this game either has no AP, or carts have long since auto-detected its AP type, because the game WORKS IN THE R4! I used both that v1.23 loader and an old YSmenu with an original (non-clone/fake) R4DS. Worked and saved just fine. So good news for you R4 guys.

I did just notice a rather insignificant thing in my CycloDS though.....during the opening vid, there is a white bar along the bottom of the touchscreen. On the R4, the touchscreen is just blank (as is the retail cart). Doesn't seem to affect game play at all, so I don't know how much it matters, but it could cause issues later on for CycloDS owners......dunno. The R4 does this little "screen shudder" deal for a second as it saves the game (the CycloDS doesn't do that), but again, it doesn't seem to affect gameplay, so I don't know how much little things like that really matter. But that's some things I noticed.

Do yourself a favor and just go DL that pdf manual from Sega now. Upon further inspection, it's pretty much the same thing as the manual that comes with the game, but in full color. There are a few differences...... Trust me, you'll be wanting that downloaded manual whether you're playing on a retail cart or a free slurpy downloaded ROM anyway, just for the full color layout if nothing else.

Seems like a very nice game so far.....the menu IS pretty clunky.....it makes you touch the screen harder than you'd think it should, and there's a couple millisecond delay when you touch stuff, not to mention trying to figure out all the options in all the menus. There's definitely a learning curve to this game. Don't give up on it until you played it for at least a few hours......it might take you that long just to get used to the various menus.

Sleepy_Sheep

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rayder said:
and there's a couple millisecond delay when you touch stuff, not to mention trying to figure out all the options in all the menus. There's definitely a learning curve to this game. Don't give up on it until you played it for at least a few hours......it might take you that long just to get used to the various menus.

Thanks for the info Rayder. That delay you mention, is it in anyway detrimental to the gameplay?

Bloodangel

Trophies
XP
Country
Rayder said:
Well, this game either has no AP, or carts have long since auto-detected its AP type, because the game WORKS IN THE R4! I used both that v1.23 loader and an old YSmenu with an original (non-clone/fake) R4DS. Worked and saved just fine. So good news for you R4 guys.

I did just notice a rather insignificant thing in my CycloDS though.....during the opening vid, there is a white bar along the bottom of the touchscreen. On the R4, the touchscreen is just blank (as is the retail cart). Doesn't seem to affect game play at all, so I don't know how much it matters, but it could cause issues later on for CycloDS owners......dunno. The R4 does this little "screen shudder" deal for a second as it saves the game (the CycloDS doesn't do that), but again, it doesn't seem to affect gameplay, so I don't know how much little things like that really matter. But that's some things I noticed.

Do yourself a favor and just go DL that pdf manual from Sega now. Upon further inspection, it's pretty much the same thing as the manual that comes with the game, but in full color. There are a few differences...... Trust me, you'll be wanting that downloaded manual whether you're playing on a retail cart or a free slurpy downloaded ROM anyway, just for the full color layout if nothing else.

Seems like a very nice game so far.....the menu IS pretty clunky.....it makes you touch the screen harder than you'd think it should, and there's a couple millisecond delay when you touch stuff, not to mention trying to figure out all the options in all the menus. There's definitely a learning curve to this game. Don't give up on it until you played it for at least a few hours......it might take you that long just to get used to the various menus.

Rayder... do you have the ROM then? as you say it works fien on cyclods
smile.gif

chickdigger802

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloodangel said:
Rayder said:

smile.gif

I can guess he dumped it himself because I don't believe there has been any scene release yet.

lynxis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloodangel said:
oh ok
frown.gif

do u need any hardware to dump a rom from an original?
Nope. You just run a homebrew app that dumps the ROM to your PC via FTP or old SLOT2 devices can run another homebrew app that dumps it directly to your SD. Pretty easy.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
chickdigger802 said:
Bloodangel said:
smile.gif

I can guess he dumped it himself because I don't believe there has been any scene release yet.

QUOTE(Rayder @ Mar 17 2010, 05:13 PM)
I got it. 256meg ROM. Seems to work fine in the CycloDS 1.58b2. Haven't played much of it yet though......took like 40+ minutes just to dump to slot2. It's an NTR cart, not a TWL one. Not really sure of the significance of that though.
Yep, I guessed that he might've actually dumped it himself too, you know.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Predi said:
Blaze163 said:
Care to share it with the rest of us, Rayder?

uh, that would be sooooo nice, but i think he won't do that
wink.gif

Sad face....

Ah well, if Rayder's got it and created a backup then the actual dump can't be far behind, surely? Plus we know it works on Cyclo firmware 1.58b2 so I don't have to worry about waiting for a fix. Come on, someone dump it already.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I read somewhere that Venom already pre'd it before I even got home with my retail copy. It should have shown up hours ago. Dunno....I don't play around in any secret IRC or FTP sites (or whatever) to have any info on scene releases.

You guys really think I'm actually going to provide you with a ROM link or something? Are you kidding me?! Someone actually tried to request one from me in a PM! Can you believe that shit?!

Do I really have to remind people of the GBAtemp Forum Rules?

I'm sure there will be a scene release sooner or later, the game is too anticipated to go "undumped".

shineek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
well my source has it already but the speed is so damn slow that it will come out on other sites with better speeds before i download from that crap so ill just wait , maybe just maybe , because of that slow download no other sites have it , i would bet it will show up in the next 5-10 hours at least it would take me that much time to download it , so you guys have to wait .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yea I think i was supposed to say hormone replacement therapy