Tutorial  Updated

Infinite Picrites on Pokemon Picross

NOTE: If you are using the Homebrew Launcher on firmware 9.3 or higher, you can skip any SaveDataFiler steps, and instead follow what is quoted below.
Indeed, it works fine. Just follow the tuto on the page (https://github.com/ihaveamac/9.6-dbgen-xmls)
  1. Download ZIP
  2. Place the mmap folder at the root of your 3DS SD card.
  3. Place boot.3dsx on at the root of the SD card, replacing any existing one.
4.Then use svdt or JKSM to backup the save. Happy cheating XD
A fairly short tutorial on how to get infinite Picrites on the new free-to-play Pokemon game.

What You'll Need
  • Pokemon Picross (duh)
  • SaveDataFiler (or another way to extract and import your save)
  • HxD (or another hex editor)
Step 1:
Start a file and get some Picrites. You get plenty from the tutorial world.

Step 2:
Extract your save. The ID on SaveDateFiler for the EUR and US (NA) game is 017C1. I'm unsure of other regions. Once highlighted press Y to export save to SD.

lZyKUf9.jpg

Step 3:
Open the "all.dat" file in HxD.

Step 4:
Go to Offset 00000B40. The offset is shown on the left side of the screen if you're unsure as to where you should be looking.

Step 5:
Edit the four numbers highlighted to FF FF. The values shown below will be different since we likely don't have the same number of Picrites.

mPKP7mZ.jpg
->
EhPzsM5.jpg

Step 6:
Save your edit in HxD and put your newly saved file "all.dat" back on your SD in the correct folder of Pokemon Picross (X:\filer\UserSaveData\20151205133407\000017c1\) -> 20151205133407 is a date/time stamp, so will be different.

Step 7:
In SaveDataFiller, under the tab "User" search again for "017C1" and when highlighted (yellow) press R+X to delete the secure value

juaNhgK.jpg

Step 8:
Now go to the tab "SD" and select "000017c1", when highlighted press "A" to import your save, then press Home button to exit SaveDataFiller and start Pokémon Picross.

0s5mrww.jpg

Step 7:
Enjoy the game. If you want to support the people that made it, buy some Picrites in the store or something.

9CDZMIm.jpg

Worked great for me, here's hoping it'll save a few people long waits between levels ^^ Let me know if there are any issues!

EDIT: Although the game says 9999, I believe doing this actually sets your Picrite count to 65535 (the value of FFFF when you convert it to decimal). So yeah, you probably won't run out.

EDIT 2: Thanks to @DjoeN for the clearer instructions ^^

Last edited by Scarlet,

WolfHeroEX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing new about this? We need someone with bought 5k to find a flag. What about setting it to 4900 and bying 100 or whatever smallest amount is?

I've purchased it, but that was before I formatted everything to downgrade and install emunand. I might still have the save, though!

D

Deleted User

For those that have CFW, use JK's SaveManager.
So, it works on any firmware, not just on 9.2 and lower. That restriction is probably only for OFW users.
Source: I'm on 10.3 and it worked.

jmdbcool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the guide! That big red "ONLY WORKS ON FIRMWARE 9.2" is misleading, though. You just need to have access to a save import/export tool like JK's SaveManager. I'm on an O3DSXL 10.6 emuNAND (9.2 sysNAND), and this worked great.

Also, if you want a more reasonable number of Picrites, follow the directions but instead of FF FF use 1C 25. This will give you 9500 which is way more than enough to unlock everything, and you can still watch your amount going up/down. (Something about having 9999+ all the time bothered me.)

4650 - All areas (total)
700 - Max energy
300 - Alt World
500 - Mega Pencil
250 - All party slots

Cost to unlock everything = 4650+700+300+500+250 = 6400

tyler coates

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mind helpi
Thanks for the guide! That big red "ONLY WORKS ON FIRMWARE 9.2" is misleading, though. You just need to have access to a save import/export tool like JK's SaveManager. I'm on an O3DSXL 10.6 emuNAND (9.2 sysNAND), and this worked great.

Also, if you want a more reasonable number of Picrites, follow the directions but instead of FF FF use 1C 25. This will give you 9500 which is way more than enough to unlock everything, and you can still watch your amount going up/down. (Something about having 9999+ all the time bothered me.)

4650 - All areas (total)
700 - Max energy
300 - Alt World
500 - Mega Pencil
250 - All party slots

Cost to unlock everything = 4650+700+300+500+250 = 6400
mind helping me lol ive tried save manager but keeps failing also i cant use cfw

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes, I can see that. But he links to the thread for it on here, that never received an update to that program, and you can see he is running HBL from CFW, which may be why it works (perhaps it's a hacked CIA that has the name and icon of Pokemon Picross)

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
but he even used save manager and got it

He uses JK's save manager to export the save. Btw you can see he launches the save manager directly from its icon on the home menu, not through HBL. He's definitely using a CFW which is why he is able to launch a .cia save manager and export a 9.6+ encrypted save.

tyler coates

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He uses JK's save manager to export the save. Btw you can see he launches the save manager directly from its icon on the home menu, not through HBL. He's definitely using a CFW which is why he is able to launch a .cia save manager and export a 9.6+ encrypted save.
it also shows he did it through HBL

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
A bit later it shows him launching save manager through HBL

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
A bit later it shows him launching save manager through HBL

Yeah but he didn't actually use it to export the save, as it's located on his SD/saves folder (neither svdt nor savedata). IDK if those homebrews are able to grab the save when launched under a CFW but under sysnand it's not possible anyway afaik.

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah but he didn't actually use it to export the save, as it's located on his SD/saves folder (neither svdt nor savedata). IDK if those homebrews are able to grab the save when launched under a CFW but under sysnand it's not possible anyway afaik.
Yeah, but the thing was that it launched. Normally it just crashes before it even gets to the screen that allows you to export the save. Half why I suspect it was a fake cia for Pokemon Picross, but I just thought, *hax 2.6 is out now, maybe that's how it worked, I'm checking it currently.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I have discovered a hilarious corner of youtube. meme ASMR
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    Veho @ Veho: What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous...