Tutorial  Updated

Infinite Picrites on Pokemon Picross

NOTE: If you are using the Homebrew Launcher on firmware 9.3 or higher, you can skip any SaveDataFiler steps, and instead follow what is quoted below.
Indeed, it works fine. Just follow the tuto on the page (https://github.com/ihaveamac/9.6-dbgen-xmls)
  1. Download ZIP
  2. Place the mmap folder at the root of your 3DS SD card.
  3. Place boot.3dsx on at the root of the SD card, replacing any existing one.
4.Then use svdt or JKSM to backup the save. Happy cheating XD
A fairly short tutorial on how to get infinite Picrites on the new free-to-play Pokemon game.

What You'll Need
  • Pokemon Picross (duh)
  • SaveDataFiler (or another way to extract and import your save)
  • HxD (or another hex editor)
Step 1:
Start a file and get some Picrites. You get plenty from the tutorial world.

Step 2:
Extract your save. The ID on SaveDateFiler for the EUR and US (NA) game is 017C1. I'm unsure of other regions. Once highlighted press Y to export save to SD.

lZyKUf9.jpg

Step 3:
Open the "all.dat" file in HxD.

Step 4:
Go to Offset 00000B40. The offset is shown on the left side of the screen if you're unsure as to where you should be looking.

Step 5:
Edit the four numbers highlighted to FF FF. The values shown below will be different since we likely don't have the same number of Picrites.

mPKP7mZ.jpg
->
EhPzsM5.jpg

Step 6:
Save your edit in HxD and put your newly saved file "all.dat" back on your SD in the correct folder of Pokemon Picross (X:\filer\UserSaveData\20151205133407\000017c1\) -> 20151205133407 is a date/time stamp, so will be different.

Step 7:
In SaveDataFiller, under the tab "User" search again for "017C1" and when highlighted (yellow) press R+X to delete the secure value

juaNhgK.jpg

Step 8:
Now go to the tab "SD" and select "000017c1", when highlighted press "A" to import your save, then press Home button to exit SaveDataFiller and start Pokémon Picross.

0s5mrww.jpg

Step 7:
Enjoy the game. If you want to support the people that made it, buy some Picrites in the store or something.

9CDZMIm.jpg

Worked great for me, here's hoping it'll save a few people long waits between levels ^^ Let me know if there are any issues!

EDIT: Although the game says 9999, I believe doing this actually sets your Picrite count to 65535 (the value of FFFF when you convert it to decimal). So yeah, you probably won't run out.

EDIT 2: Thanks to @DjoeN for the clearer instructions ^^

Last edited by Scarlet,

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to cheat the 24 hour system for more legendaries to appear or do I have to legitimately wait 1 day at a time for all of them?

Misicloud

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I have a problem. I follow this tutorial step by step (starting a new game first of all) but, everytime I import the save file, the game resets the data (it appears as new game again, not my imported save file). Anyone knows what I should do to avoid that? :S

D

Deleted User

Hello, I have a problem. I follow this tutorial step by step (starting a new game first of all) but, everytime I import the save file, the game resets the data (it appears as new game again, not my imported save file). Anyone knows what I should do to avoid that? :S
You're probably doing something wrong and the game recognizes the save as corrupted or doesn't even recognize it, and so it starts a new game.
Are you sure you're editing the correct values?

Misicloud

Trophies
XP
Country
You're probably doing something wrong and the game recognizes the save as corrupted or doesn't even recognize it, and so it starts a new game.
Are you sure you're editing the correct values?

Yeah I already checked it. and I don't know what happens :/

TUK_Pyroman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
For some reason whenever I try to open the game after I imported the altered save, the game crashes and the consoles reboots.

Hi every one, I'm in the same situation of Phanton.

When I put my modified sav file, the game crashed and the 3DS reboot...

I'm on New3DS A9LH SysNAND 11.0.0-33E and I use JKSV for export/import my save.

Thanks!

EDIT : After restore my original save and play 1 puzzle. I try again and now, it's running perfect.

Last edited by TUK_Pyroman,

Stash23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Completed the Picrite hack.
Guide worked well and was easy to follow!
Completed this on A9LH SysNAND 11.0.0-33U.
(I installed the savedatefiler.cia, extracted save, ran and edited through HxD, deleted save on system then imported modded save from SD, SUCCESS!)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ONLY WORKS ON OFW 9.2 OR LOWER AT THE MOMENT

Do you think you should remove that disclaimer? It seems like it can deter users thinking that this is something exclusive to OFW 9.2. Realistically, they only need access to homebrew or CFW to access the saves.

Reactions: Scarlet

Rangnarok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There's your problem. You need CFW and JK Save Tool. The newest games have a type of protection that svdt can't bypass.

EDIT: I actually found a way to make SVDT work to export the save game on Pokemon Picross, This means it can be done with just HBL, no need for CFW.

Follow the guide here https://projectpokemon.org/forums/s...s-from-R-B-Y-virtual-console-(using-homebrew) to extract and reimport the save file.

Apart from that, just edit the hex like the first post in this thread. You only need to edit the 2 hex bit to FF FF and save. After that, you can import to the 3DS with svdt as usual, because svdt can now change the secure value automatically for you.

I hope someone will find this helpful as it took me more than a days looking everywhere for this.

Last edited by Rangnarok,

Selver

Trophies
XP
Country
So, is there any work being done to more fully decode the save game format?

For example, here's a list of some offsets/lengths and what I believe they mean:

0x0B40 (2) ==> Number of current picrites
0x2A29 (1) ==> Current selected area
0x2B48 (1) ==> Current selected world in an area
0x2A24 (1) ==> Bitmask of unlocked normal-world areas 0-7
0x2A25 (1) ==> Bitmask of unlocked normal-world areas 8-15
0x2A26 (1) ==> Bitmask of unlocked normal-world areas 16-23
0x2A27 (1) ==> Bitmask of unlocked normal-world areas 24-30 (last bit may be unused, may be alt-world?)

Reactions: Rangnarok

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster