Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I know it's through no fault of your own, but some... questionable content might've slipped through the cracks.

Screenshot_2016-05-26-20-36-11.png

Will post more information if an advert like this pops up again.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I know it's through no fault of your own, but some... questionable content might've slipped through.

View attachment 50790

Will post more information if an advert like this pops up again.
what websites had you been visiting foxi??

anyway. isn't there an option on google adsense settings that says "this is a website designed for younger users" ?
because it's really shity having a website, using ad services and they are delivering adult ads,,,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This is based on what you usually search on google as far as I know :P
I can assure you that I never Googled anything regarding homeopathic baby teething pain relief or business education, and I get those ads too. Besides, I have targeted ads disabled in Google anyways, so my search history should be irrelevant.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I can assure you that I never Googled anything regarding baby teething or business education, and I get those adds too. Besides, I have targeted ads disabled in Google anyways, so my search history should be irrelevant.
That seems fair enough.

I get Telus ads since I moved to Videotron for my phone plan :D
That's pretty much the same thing I guess.

Of course, what I posted above was a joke :P

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Bear in mind that without enough information on you, advertising companies can't build up enough of a profile to target the "right" ads at you. So instead you get shit like hair-loss medication, hentai (or whatever the fuck that is) and my homeopathic medicines. Do you by any chance use an ad-blocker for most websites? If so, that'll be why you're seeing dodgy creatives on here.

Moral of the story? Support more websites (we're not all evil, honest, even if ads usually constitute 55% of webpage load time!) ;)

EDIT: Alternatively, try out the Brave browser which natively replaces ads with more performant ones (or allows you to disable them outright if you're a dick), and instead offers up several payment deals to continue supporting the sites you use.

Last edited by Frederica Bernkastel,

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Ad sense is pretty freaky actually. I visited a site with a recipe I wanted to try. I had also watched an online store for some men's grooming stuff (a shaving knife, mustache wax, some deluxe toothbrush and some toothpaste et.c.).

I later went to my dad's work, helped him for a bit and was going to print that recipe. So when we went to that page (on his work computer), I got ads for those four exact items, from the store I was browsing.

It was probably thinking: Same city, visiting the same page, maybe is interested in the same shit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: These cotton candy grapes be pretty addictive