大阪に生まれた男
OP
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
I live in Japan. I won't soon (I'm moving back to the U.S. in about a month and a half).
I'm seriously considering getting a PS3.

Great.

I know the PS3 games are region free, but I hear that games will default to the machine's region if it's available (i.e., if I buy a PS3 in Japan, take it home with me and buy Little Big Planet in the U.S., that game will default to Japanese langauge and text). Is this true?

There are some games I want to get in Japanese (Final Fantasy XIII being high on that list) and others I'd rather have in English so I can just sit and enjoy the game.

I'd appreciate advice from anyone with experience! Sankyuuu~!

Supah Eirian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be OK with a Japanese PS3.

You would want to select English as the language during the initial setup. PS3 games are region free, so you can play them regardless of which version. DVD's may pose a problem as US and Japan are in different regions, but Blu Ray discs, Japan and US are in the same region.

I think the language displayed in game is whatever version you buy. Some have multiple, like the Asia region versions (korean, etc.) but US just has English. If you have English set as your default language, it will use that.

I imported Siren:New Translation the Asian version, and it included English, but I don't recall having to choose it. I don't know if it defaulted to English due to my PS3 being a US PS3 or since I have English set as my default language.

PS2 and PS1 games ARE region protected, so US ps1 and ps2 games wont work even if your Japanese system is backward
compatible.

Hope this was helpful!

yaypsp.gif

SoLuckys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cyprus
Also, i think that if you want to play a japanese game online it might not working in U.S coz my friend has CoD4 and he cant play it online coz its a USA game and he is in E.U .
Hope this was helpful

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER