I'm tired of apps begging 5 stars because "pretty please"

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is not really for no reason but because the scoring/sorting systems used are no good and it is the "nobody views the second page of search results" thing.

That said I do not use ebay but I do find it highly amusing to give people 3 stars and note the service as average (because it was and usually is, exceptional service needs an exceptional situation and all that). Oh the drama that gets caused.

Reactions: Sicklyboy

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It happens everywhere and it sucks when they beg you for a 5 stars rating for no reason. Especially if the app has just been made and a perfect score would be a lie.

Am I the only one who never gives a full score when they do this? Asking to rate them is fine, but nothing else pls.
Don't think I have actually seen an app asking for a 5-star rating, at least not that I remember.
It gets pretty annoying that all the apps are begging for ratings though.

It is not really for no reason but because the scoring/sorting systems used are no good and it is the "nobody views the second page of search results" thing.

That said I do not use ebay but I do find it highly amusing to give people 3 stars and note the service as average (because it was and usually is, exceptional service needs an exceptional situation and all that). Oh the drama that gets caused.
I always rate eBay sellers fairly too. I don't give them more than they deserve, it's positive feedback in the end anyway.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The other day I was listening to a podcast -- I thought I would follow up on the pokemon battle analyser stuff from the other year and found a podcast on the topic. Other than actually quite reasonable audio quality it hit about every cliche of a bad podcast (to the point where I almost thought it was satire), the host ended it by rambling on about people giving low scores on itunes but not writing comments.
http://pokedexradio.com/battle-analyzer-and-setting-up-a-pokedex-radio-league-fspr64/ for the bored.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
It's this philosophy people seem to have which is that a good app is 5 stars and a bad app is one star. The median is disappearing, if it was ever even there.
Speaking of eBay, a seller once cancelled my order without my permission because they said they were out of stock for that item... after they had listed it on eBay. It was during the whole Cubic Ninja craze, and it was a copy listed for 10$ so I'm sure they weren't eager to lose the possible scalping money. They gave me a refund and everything, and when I left them negative feedback, they got angry at me. Their service to me was shitty, why give them a good review?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc