Hacking I'm on 5.5.1 and want Mario Kart 8 DLC

sittingduck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm on 5.5.1 and would like to buy the Mario Kart 8 DLC, but at this point that means I will also have to update to 5.5.2 which I would rather not do in order to keep future hacking options open (my Wii U is currently unhacked). What would be my best course of action in order to get to play the DLC? Thanks.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NNU Patcher to access the eShop without updating the system, but if you plan to hack your system, why not do it now? This way, you won't even have to "buy" the dlc. Unless, of course, you really insist on buying it, which I wouldn't blame you.

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what others have stated, NNU Patcher will work, but you may have to pull the power cord out of the Wii U without properly shutting down, then turn it back on after purchasing the DLC in order to actually get it to download.

sittingduck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks all, much appreciated. Looks like best bet is to just hack it. I've hacked plenty of other consoles so that shouldn't be a problem, but is there a preferred guide to follow - I see both "The Definitive Guide To Wii U Hacking" and "Noob guide to Wii U hacking" on here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1