Spectremint

OP
Trophies
Website
spectremint.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo announced earlier this morning that the online servers for Splatoon and Mario Kart 8 have been temporarily disabled, most likely due to ENLBufferPwn, an exploit capable of remote execution and hacking of a Nintendo console by doing as little as connecting to the game servers. No word on when they'll be re-enabled. They updated various Switch and 3DS (!!) games to fix this already, but I'm guessing it might be a harder fix on Wii U.

1677865012559.png

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This should be on the front page for news. Guessing super smash bros wii u has this security issue too.

Jilou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What bag news T. T
For the moment an alternative to Mario Kart 8 on Wii U there are Mario Kart Wii online or Sonic and all stars racing transformed Wii U, I hope many people will play on line here meanwhile Mario Kart 8 Wii U online is closed T. T
For Splatoon I don't know... Worms Battle island on Wii online or Bomberman Blast on Wii online... I don't know... Do you have any idea ? Oo

Last edited by Jilou,

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can always look up Pretendo
^- This. Pretendo opened their splatoon and mk8 servers to the public so people are still able to play online while we continue to wait for the slowest Nintendo employee to write like one line of code.

Note that at the time of writing you need to have Aroma to be able to run Pretendo (servers changed so legacy can't connect anymore) : https://pretendo.network/docs/install/wiiu

Reactions: filipe_m

filipe_m

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks for point me the way ...

I will read about aroma because I have zero knowledge about it and try to install it!

It's not a really question about live in the past... Is more about the use the resources I have at this point!!

Thanks again!
Post automatically merged:

^- This. Pretendo opened their splatoon and mk8 servers to the public so people are still able to play online while we continue to wait for the slowest Nintendo employee to write like one line of code.

Note that at the time of writing you need to have Aroma to be able to run Pretendo (servers changed so legacy can't connect anymore) : https://pretendo.network/docs/install/wiiu
I was able to install the Tiramisu, then the aroma and connect with the Pretento. Thanks for the tips.

Last edited by filipe_m,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol