Hacking I'm new, which R4?

royalon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys - A friend told me to get an R4 for my boy and all I know is that I can put games in it. I will learn how to put games or friend will teach me but in the meantime he suggested to buy from gameyeeeah.com since it will take a week or so. I also see gameyeeeah is one of the recommended place to buy. Browsing the website I can see R4DS, R4 III Upgrade SDHC and R4 SDHC.
I do not have an micro SD or SDHC so I plan to get the bundle (with SDHC card).
I'm confuse, which one would you suggest? R4DS, R4 III Upg or R4SDHC?

I dont know the difference between R4 III Upgr and R4SDHC?
Or do you recommend another flashcart?

Nathan-NL

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DON'T go with any R4!!

All the R4 flashcarts you will now purchase are fake, clones and not supported like the original one + they could brick (break) your DS (Lite/i)!!

You can better get yourself an Acekard 2.1 from www.dealextreme.com
wink.gif

Sharpz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NavadeHo said:
DON'T go with any R4!!

All the R4 flashcarts you will now purchase are fake, clones and not supported like the original one + they could brick (break) your DS (Lite/i)!!

You can better get yourself an Acekard 2.1 from www.dealextreme.com
wink.gif

Agreed.

B

ball2012003

the r4 is outdated and those are all fake r4's
i recommend another flashcart
dstt acekard 2 cyclo ds and so on
the cheapest place you can get them is dealextreme.com
it a good site but pretty slow shipping

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Don't get R4DS because the firmware updates are no longer coming and basically you will have to hack it (plus it's the oldest card and it sucks, I have one btw and I'm sticking with it because I know how to keep it alive)
Don't get The other R4s they are fakes, even though they're better than the real since they still get updates now.
I recommend you buy an M3 for a user friendly and inexpensive card or try CYCLO ds/ Acekard2 if it's coming up to a birthday or don't mind a hefty pricetag.

Although if you are dead set for an R4 get any of them except R4DS (Real one) Unless you want your son coming to you one morning and saying that none of the latest games work anymore.

Ballistic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I speak for the smarter part of GBATemp when I say get another cart. The original real R4 is obsolete. Its updates have completely stopped, same with production. It can't read high capacity microSDs, thus limiting its memory storage to 2 GB. Newer games have piracy protection, and R4 is unable to deal with this because of halted updates. As for the other R4s you mention, they are clones, fakes, whatever you want to call it. They're just a bunch of chinese people using a popular name to get their share of the sales.

I'd say get an Acekard (fairly cheap but has amazing support [hi Normatt and Smith]). The good Acekards to get are either Acekard 2.1 or Acekard 2i. The ONLY difference between those two is that the 2i supports the new upcoming console - DSi; and the 2.1 doesn't.

Hope it helps.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please don't get an R4DS. They are outdated, have no support, and usually cost the same as other carts. Get an Acekard 2 or a CycloDS instead.

royalon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boy I'm sure glad I found this forum and you guys are fast lol I can't keep it up new post every seconds lol

I searched dealextreme only found AceKard 2i no 2.1??
I'm checking out M3

Thanks guys!! you rock!!

GexX2

Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
royalon said:
boy I'm sure glad I found this forum and you guys are fast lol I can't keep it up new post every seconds lol

I searched dealextreme only found AceKard 2i no 2.1??
I'm checking out M3

Thanks guys!! you rock!!
This is an Acekard 2.1 Also, you can run the Sakura firmware on an iTouch. Which makes it a budget M3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Creamy milk