ROM Hack I'm making a FFIV translation patch...

Moots

The Incredible Sulk
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I gotta say I am impressed, I haven't used the patch, but for every 85 people I see say "I am translating (Enter game name) and if anyone wants to help let me know maybe 1 of them actually goes somewhere.

Great job guys, I'll be chcecking this out tonight.

Raganook

Raganook
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Updated Status

*Corrected 4-5 monster names that I misspelled or switched around
*Corrected spelling errors (such as "beem", lol)
*Descriptions for Edward's songs are a go.
*Decant item name/ability names are no longer different

Ill be able to finish soon
smile.gif

Cronorei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those having golbez trouble, just look at the little icons after you scan each time. The weaknesses and resistances change with each new barrier and scanning shows little colored icons.

chaos_co

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Cronorei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys, I just finished the game after doing quite a bit of rare item hunting (5 Adamant Armors, woo hoo!), and I just wanted to say thanks again.
grog.gif

I did see a couple of nit-picky things that I wanted to point out to you if you're still working on the patch.

I see you already found "BEEM", so nvm on that

Onion Sword is listed as "OnionSgd" instead of maybe "OnionSwd"

And just a question on the tails. For most of them you listed the color followed by "T", so "Red T", "Blue T", "Yellow T", but the pink tails are listed as "PinkTail". Just curious why those aren't done the same way.

I'm also curious about the items "Alarm" and "Siren". It seems like in all the guides and message boards "Alarm" is used to initiate a battle, but in your translation that item is a "Siren", and an "Alarm" is used to un-sleep. I really don't know what the proper usage is based on the other versions of the game, so I just wanted to make sure you guys did this on purpose.

Sorry, I hate to bring up unimportant crap like this, but I thought you guys might want to know for posterity sake.

Thanks again for all the hard work. I never would have made it all the way through without the translation.

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
In our patch Alarm = Alarm Clock. Siren is the old translation from FFII for Alarm (What it's called in FFIV). As for the tails, there is a character limit to work with. We couldn't all the words in. Also, thanks for the spelling correction!

Q: When will the final patch be out?
A: No idea. I haven't talked to Raganook or Jisteatin in over a month.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the response BelmontSlayer. I understand the character limitations, I guess I just figured pink tails would be "Pink T" to match the rest of the tails. When you're doing hundreds of battles trying to get tails, I guess your brain gets set in certain patterns.

Anyway, I'm sure no one is going to mind if there aren't any further versions of the patch. 0.99 is more than complete enough to get through the game, and hold everyone over until if/when an English version is released. It might be nice to have locations (town names) translated, but the map is easy enough to get used to.

So if it happens that we don't see anymore releases, cheers to a great translation team
grog.gif
and I hope to see some of you when FFV DS (J) gets released.
tongue.gif

Greyback59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, i would like to translate the game in french because i'am French. And i post this message to know how do you have translate the game.
Thank to return a post at this message and excuse me for my bad English.^^

Tidus1177

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got a decant ability called magnet I dont remember how I got or what it does if some one could PM me about it cuz i could not find it in the decant section on the wikidot site. That would be great still loving translation im on my second run on the game, beat it 2/03/08
biggrin.gif

Davidwood15

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, i just downloaded this and patched my game but it just comes up as a blank white screen when i try and run it... I never read all 28 pages to see if anyone had listed this, so sorry if theres an anwer there!

Edit : Never mind, updated my R4 firmware and works fine now! Although i have no idea whats happening
tongue.gif

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Hi, i would like to translate the game in french because i'am French. And i post this message to know how do you have translate the game.
Thank to return a post at this message and excuse me for my bad English.^^

This isn't a quick thing that can be explained easily. Take a look at FAST's topic on rom hacking here. It should give you some basics for getting started.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work