ROM Hack I'm making a FFIV translation patch...

Raganook

Raganook
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ah.

How about "Badly Translated SNES script and Nostalgia Edition" translation patch?
tongue.gif

Its in the mail
tongue.gif

Raganook

Raganook
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Balthier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so the patch.nds file is supposed to be played? It's only 53,000kb, where the original rom is 131.

I'm hating myself over this right now. If anyone wants to really help me get through this, my AIM is KAJReDsKiN2005.

94dan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah.

How about "Badly Translated SNES script and Nostalgia Edition" translation patch?
tongue.gif

Its in the mail
tongue.gif

...Sorry... I Don't get the reference...

"The check is in the mail" is an expression that essentially means "You will never get it".

See you would ask me where your money is ,and I would respond with the above expression
smile.gif

Ah. I get it. Thanks.

Oh, one more thing.

I never quite got this: Is this simply a menu/item translation, or will you go into the script? I can live without it (actually, I'm playing it without any translation) but it'd be nice.

colourrevolt87

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so the patch.nds file is supposed to be played? It's only 53,000kb, where the original rom is 131.

I'm hating myself over this right now. If anyone wants to really help me get through this, my AIM is KAJReDsKiN2005.

I'll upload the patched version for you and PM it to you.

that is if you want to wait 2 1/2 hours for it to upload.

Raganook

Raganook
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
94dan said:
Ah. I get it. Thanks.

Oh, one more thing.

I never quite got this: Is this simply a menu/item translation, or will you go into the script? I can live without it (actually, I'm playing it without any translation) but it'd be nice.

No script.

usmagen

Trophies
Website
usmagen.deviantart.com
XP
Country
94dan said:
Ah. I get it. Thanks.

Oh, one more thing.

No script.

aw. i actually thought that an english script with the cool jap voice acting would totally kick ass! though being an ubernoob with haxoring i dont think(?) it's even possible tho. but ye, mad props for this!

Balthier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I was getting close. The .bat file turns the FFIV.nds file into original.nds so you don't lose the Japanese ROM, right? The patched.nds file is the file you play on your DS? Is that close?

Also, if I am in the right direction, starting patch.nds on my R4 (version 1.09) brings up nothing but white screen. So that's telling me I'm doing something wrong.

usmagen

Trophies
Website
usmagen.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I thought I was getting close. The .bat file turns the FFIV.nds file into original.nds so you don't lose the Japanese ROM, right? The patched.nds file is the file you play on your DS? Is that close?

Also, if I am in the right direction, starting patch.nds on my R4 (version 1.09) brings up nothing but white screen. So that's telling me I'm doing something wrong.

yep. use ver 1.14. and yes, u put the patched.nds to your card.

colourrevolt87

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone else been experiencing random crashing? I played the game up to the cave where you find tellah and in the middle of a battle it just froze. I'm using an R4DS with the latest firmware and my microsd card runs everyother game perfect. could it be the patch?

Balthier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still white screen. To reiterate. I use the .bat file and copy the created .nds file (originally named patched.nds) to the flashcard. Do I need the "original.nds" or another copy of the original ROM on the card as well?

usmagen

Trophies
Website
usmagen.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Still white screen. To reiterate. I use the .bat file and copy the created .nds file (originally named patched.nds) to the flashcard. Do I need the "original.nds" or another copy of the original ROM on the card as well?

nope, you only need the patched.nds file which was created using the patch. did u by any chance renamed teh rom?

Balthier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No (not this time, at least). It's only 22,000 kb when I move it, though. That doesn't seem right.

It's still white screen, too.

Chrizon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone else having issues with the words staying on the screen and not dissapearing untill you enter battle? Im not using the R4 or anything like that, im using no$gba emulator....Wasnt sure if it was just my copy of the rom or not. BTW, Thanks a bunch for the Translation
biggrin.gif

matthewn4444

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a supercard rumble and i got white screens 2. But i kinda fixed it..i dont think you can play with older save files (i may be wrong) because when i used my old save file i get a white screen and when i just patch the game into my microsd card, i dont get white screen (with a new save file).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: We're figments of your imagination +1