ROM Hack I'm making a FFIV translation patch...

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I have a problem. The text never refreshes when I play. So if I open the menu and close it, I still see all the menu choices while I'm walking around.

In battles it gets worse. Everyone's spell menu overlaps since the text never goes away when the menu closes. This makes chosing the spell I want next to impossible.

I've tried a bunch of refresh rates and nothing seems to work. Is it the patch, or is there something else I can do to fix this?

This is a bug with the emulator. The unpatched game does the exact same thing. Either get a DS and a flashcart or deal with the overlapping text for now.

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
The third beta has been released! Translations of armor and key items are now at 100% complete! As usual, you can grab it from the first post in the thread.

Note: I've also added a "Progress Chart" to the first post detailing the current status of various aspects of the translation. Also, the "something awsome" that was mentioned in Raganook's previous post is phrases. I've located most of the in-game phrases such as "Would you like to buy that", "Cecil is poisoned!" and so forth. We've only translated a few so far...

chip123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Id like to thank everyone working on this patch, its been making the game so much easier. But i now have a problem, when i use the newest version (0.6), everything goes back into japanese, any help you could give me?

Dominator

the world end without you
Trophies
Website
www.ipodtutofast.com
XP
Country
France
yeah me too always back into japanese and i erase the 0.5 so please re-upload the 0.5 or delete this glitch
THANKS GREAT JOB!!!!!
smile.gif

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Id like to thank everyone working on this patch, its been making the game so much easier. But i now have a problem, when i use the newest version (0.6), everything goes back into japanese, any help you could give me?

I accidentaly put the wrong .bat file in the archive. It's been fixed now.

metroplex2k7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, you guys are doing great. You said you found some in game phrases that you were gonna work on, I'm wondering, could you guys do the yellow phrase that pops up when you fill 100% of the map? It just seems that since its in yellow, it should be something important.

Skeldel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes there is still the wrong bat file there... it is not translated.
But man you are working fast. I have one regard: Can u also translate the names of the characters?
Almost all of the Battle is in English so the Naems should also
wink.gif

bragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, still in japanese. Maybe the culprit is the file trans.patch. It was 2 ko in the 0.1 version, 3 ko in the 0.5 version and now only 1 ko in the 0.6 version. Anyway, thank you to the team for this excellent work!

DentInYourHead

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I've been lurking for a couple of days now and wanted to say to the team, GREAT JOB!!! I don't know how so many people muddle through the Japanese, but I can't and so this patch is wonderful!
yaynds.gif

As others have confirmed the v0.6 patch is still all Japanese. So until things are fixed I uploaded V0.5 for those who asked.
smile.gif

This is just until the team fixes things, I'm just trying to help.
wink.gif

Download v0.5

Raganook

Raganook
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I've been lurking for a couple of days now and wanted to say to the team, GREAT JOB!!! I don't know how so many people muddle through the Japanese, but I can't and so this patch is wonderful!Â
yaynds.gif

As others have confirmed the v0.6 patch is still all Japanese. So until things are fixed I uploaded V0.5 for those who asked.Â
smile.gif

This is just until the team fixes things, I'm just trying to help.
wink.gif

Download v0.5

The yellow map text is "You've completed the map! You got (# of items)."

If I find it, it shall be done!

As for the the reverting back to Japaneses for some dumb reason, I have no idea how Belmont makes his patches, so I can't fix it
tongue.gif
. Rest assured when he gets back on, everything will be good : )

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
As for the the reverting back to Japaneses for some dumb reason, I have no idea how Belmont makes his patches, so I can't fix it
tongue.gif
. Rest assured when he gets back on, everything will be good : )

Ughh...That was annoying to fix. Anyways, the first post has been updated. I've also tested it this time just to double check.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1