ROM Hack I'm making a FFIV translation patch...

AndreXL

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
We've made a HUGE amount of progress in the past 5 hours. Expect an beta update within the next hour or so.
Ok. Waiting for it than use the one online now.
Ahhh yes, remember to eat and sleep 'mkay? Heheh
biggrin.gif

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
The second beta has been released! It features complete translations for item and weapons as well as several corrected errors from the previous release. You can grab it from the first post of this thread.

Hope You Enjoy,
The Team (BelmontSlayer/Jisteatin/Raganook)

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing around with the second beta (0.5) and it looks great! You guys have made great progress in such a short time! Thanks for all the hard work. I'm looking forward to future updates!
yaynds.gif

adyum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great work! I am glad you guys are working very fast. I am going to be adding this to my R4 very soon.

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I've been playing around with the second beta (0.5) and it looks great! You guys have made great progress in such a short time! Thanks for all the hard work. I'm looking forward to future updates!
yaynds.gif

Indeed we have. Thanks for the words of support!

Should we expect to see the entire thing done by Christmas? The way things are going, it seems to be true.

EDIT: I think you might want to delete this page: http://ff4.wikidot.com/system:Page-tags

I would, but I'm too nervous.

I highly doubt the entire thing will be done by Christmas. Also, that page does not need to be deleted. Doing so would remove the "tags" functionality...even though we haven't bothered to make any yet.

94dan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly doubt the entire thing will be done by Christmas. Also, that page does not need to be deleted. Doing so would remove the "tags" functionality...even though we haven't bothered to make any yet.

Oh. I thought it was just a note about it. Well, I don't think you're ever going to need them. I mean, you have less than 20 pages, no?

It doesn't really matter.

And, at the rate your going, it really seems you'll get it done before tomorrow.

Again, doesn't matter if it isn't done. The thing is, I'm going to Georgia the day after Christmas, and it'd be nice if I could play it then.

EDIT: Wait, are you doing monsters?

Balthier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I read some posts suggesting that you may have to start over completely with the patch. Is it the same case (if it were ever true) with this new version (and in turn subsequent versions)?

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Wait, are you doing monsters?

Yes and item/weapon/armor descriptions. That is why it will not be done by Christmas. Plus, we all have time we wish to spend with family...and family takes priority over gaming anyday.

Alright, I read some posts suggesting that you may have to start over completely with the patch. Is it the same case (if it were ever true) with this new version (and in turn subsequent versions)?

Not at all! You can load any save in any version of the patch. I don't know where you got that impression from, but it's wrong.

Cronorei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So long as you keep the same filename you shouldn't have to lose anything.

I remember having to start over in my DQIV DS because I fixed a naming problem I had in my unpatched version and tried to match the save file's filename but it wouldn't go

adyum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So long as you keep the same filename you shouldn't have to lose anything.

I remember having to start over in my DQIV DS because I fixed a naming problem I had in my unpatched version and tried to match the save file's filename but it wouldn't go

I've done that many times and that has never happened to me.

FancyPants

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem. The text never refreshes when I play. So if I open the menu and close it, I still see all the menu choices while I'm walking around.

In battles it gets worse. Everyone's spell menu overlaps since the text never goes away when the menu closes. This makes chosing the spell I want next to impossible.

I've tried a bunch of refresh rates and nothing seems to work. Is it the patch, or is there something else I can do to fix this?

Raganook

Raganook
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok guys, wanted to update you.

Another big update is very close
smile.gif
Delicious armor that has been tirelessly translated/coded by yours truly, and Belmont found something awesome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1