Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is my tale of "I'm not sure what is happening"

First Stats:
Nintendo Switch which is hackable and came with a FW of 3.02
I purchased and SX OS Pro. Using version 2.53 (and ver 2.71 beta when on FW 8.01)
256G SDCX (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RJGV199/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

The first thing I did was do a nand backup. One using the tool provided by Team Excuter and the other using hekate_ctcaer_4.10.1
After that I did a lot of reading and watching videos to make sure I was going to do things right. I see that the latest version of the FW is 8.01. So I update it using ChoiDujourNX (using exFat option). So I was able to update
to the latest FW and I have the DNS setup so that updates and the e-shop are blocked. I also turned off auto updates.
I also ran Lockpic and saved the files in the .switch folder.

From this point I am able to boot into SX OS CFW without issue. Here is where it gets weird. I was able to install some nsps without issue. They came up and worked just fine. Then other nsp files would not install. It would come up
with a blank box that would eventually say that its corrupt data.

I then heard about the patches that were needed and I thought I installed it properly but I could not get any other nsps to install. I thought that maybe I have maybe a bad download to two or five?

Note this is all using SX OS Pro.

I decided to use KosmosV12-1. I followed the directions and got it to boot up. Still no luck installing packages (with goalleaf .5) they would end the same way. Blank box and corrupted data.

so I decided to restart the switch. At this point it would not boot again. It would get to the atmosphere logo and stop. If you hit the power button the logo was there again but would not go any further.
At this point I thought was a wash so I decided to restore the unit. I was able to restore it back to the original 3.02 firmware.

So I repeated the same steps and upgraded to 8.01 and I decided to go straight to Kosmos I prepped my card with (https://www.sdsetup.com/console?switch) - This worked flawlessly and I was up and running on the CFW and this time, I was able to install nps packages that I could not before. They came right up without issue (using goldleaf again) However, something weird happened - packages that I had installed the first time would *not* install this time?!!?I also eventually worked my way back to the boot looping atmosphere issue.

I have since restored my switch back to 3.02 FW while I try to figure this out.

Sorry for the long post but I'm a bit lost as to why this keeps happening?

Any help is appreciated and I'll be glad to answer any questions.

TLDR; I got Kosmos installed only to have my switch bootloop at the atmosphere logo.

Ilie11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SXOS doesn't need patches.
Sounds like a bad memory card, try using a pc to scan the mem card for errors. I use Goldleaf v05 on SXOS and Atmosphere and i have never had any issues with it. Also, that memory card looks fake to me. I only buy Sandisk from Amazon and i always make sure that they are sold by Amazon and not a third party.
Only way to be sure is to download H2testw and test the memory card but i'm sure it'll fail.

Reactions: weggie

weggie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SXOS doesn't need patches.
Sounds like a bad memory card, try using a pc to scan the mem card for errors. I use Goldleaf v05 on SXOS and Atmosphere and i have never had any issues with it. Also, that memory card looks fake to me. I only buy Sandisk from Amazon and i always make sure that they are sold by Amazon and not a third party.
Only way to be sure is to download H2testw and test the memory card but i'm sure it'll fail.

Thanks for the tip. Doing that right now and will report back!

weggie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Ilie11 It's not even done. Looks like you were right. I'll be returning this and getting another one.. after doing research on which card is good for the switch. Thanks for your time and your answer!

Reactions: Ilie11

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
Yeah sounds like your card is messing with you. It's either fake or you're just unlucky and it corrupted while you're doing your stuffs.

weggie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just reporting back. Got a new card and one of the nsps that never installed did. So thanks to everyone for their help and a pox on the house of the maker of that card.

Thanks again everyone!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4eqTkD6JQw