Hacking I'm going nuts!

mattm025

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just had the wiikey installed and now I've reached the point of frustration. I've used up 7 dvds (2 brands), went through 3 burning programs (IMGburn, Nero, and Deep Burner) and 4 different write speeds (1x, 2x, 4x, and 8x) and I still get "unable to read disc." Any suggestions on installing 1.9g?

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Provide more information. Does your WiiKey work at all? Can your Wii read original Wii discs? original GameCube discs? backup Wii discs? backup GC discs? any wiikey setup or update discs? What type of Wii do you have? What drive controller chip does it have? What is your current Wii firmware?

mattm025

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Provide more information. Does your WiiKey work at all? Can your Wii read original Wii discs? original GameCube discs? backup Wii discs? backup GC discs? any wiikey setup or update discs? What type of Wii do you have? What drive controller chip does it have? What is your current Wii firmware?

I hope my Wiikey works. I just had it put in! I don't suppose there is a way to test it without using any backups? The only things I have tried to burn/run are 1.9g and SMG and every disc of 1.9g and super mario galaxy don't show up when I put it in. I tested my original games (Wii and GC) and they do work and play as they should. As for what version of the wiikey I have or what drive controller chip I have, I don't know. I had it installed for me. I do know that it was a launch Wii though. The wii is also at firmware version 3.1US.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Have you tried using the wiikey config disk? My wii wouldn't read any other disk until I used that one. Then again my chip isn't an original wiikey modchip, but one flashed from openwii. Worth a try though... everything worked after that for me.
smile.gif

mattm025

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's worth a try. I'll give an update in a bit.

Edit: Just wondering, how would the config disc make the others work? I just don't see how that would work.

mattm025

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried the config disc and its still is a no go. According to some things I've been reading, it seems the dude might of put in a clone instead of the actual thing. Which is why the discs won't read. From what I've read, update 3.0 stopped clones from working. Is there some way around update 3.0 for clones?

akiller

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done mine 3 minutes ago
Just eject the disc before press button A or reset key to test/update the firmware, it should do the job.

Demios

Trophies
XP
Country
im having the exact same problem (Unable to read disc...i.e. cant try the MP3 trick)...i can get the game to load once i regionFrii and blockbrick it, but then i get the famous black screen..I really i havent screwed up my wii, since i upgraded to 1.9g weird things have been happening on my wii also...Manhunt 2 sound is skipping+old GC games arent reading anymore...Should i re-enter a config disc...also im almost 100% percent i have a real wiikey, i bought it from a dealer linked on the offical website...Any ideas would help guys!

Firmware 3.1e
Wiikey Firmware 1.9g
Pal Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1