Hacking I'm addicted to flashcards and MicroSD's...

jelbo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Heh, I think I'm addicted to flashcards.. back in September I got myself a G6 Lite and Max Media Launcher. Flashed my DS and sold the stuff after some time.

Then I got a DS-Xtreme. After some time I didn't trust them anymore and jumped out of their boat (and sold it).

Got myself a cheap-ass SuperCard Lite Rumble and Sandisk 1GB Ultra II MicroSD and a 2nd hand Sandisk 512MB one.

Then I was blown away by R4 DS and it's soft-reset and brightness control capabilities, so got me one of those. Hunted down a Japanese Kingston MicroSD just for the fun of it. 2 weeks ago I ordered another R4 DS and Japanese Kingston MicroSD, just because it was such a good offer.

Last week I ordered an M3 Lite to use as RAM pak and GBA flashcard.

Today I read about some developments for the EZ-Flash 3in1 expansion and ordered me one of those as well.

Who else has this addiction? I'm really enjoying all these kits and the stuff surrounding it, like patches, savegames, homebrew, whatever. More than the thing they're designed for, running commercial ROMs.
nyanya.gif

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I don't have that kind of money to be throwing around, but I must say, I am, to some extent, addicted to flashcarts, insofar as I enjoy staying updated with the newest editions. I have bought 2 R4s to date, as well as a Japanese Kingston (overpriced at about 40 US), and a Toshiba (about 12 US) - both 1 GB. I've sold all these either online or to friends, and I am expecting to purchase either the G6DS or M3Real, as I have little doubt that they will be among the best.

lurrtopia

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey, more power to you. Sounds like you got plenty of extra cash to burn but if you enjoy it then do it.

You enjoy trying new things, and taking chances. It's good to know you've enjoyed all of your purchases and not gotten a lemon.

Go with it. Have fun and game on!

FuManChuu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish I had the cash to be addicted... But I think I have a pretty healthy history

Started off my GBA SP and got an EZFA advance... used that thing for a solid 2 years before the battery crapped out, and I took a break from mobile gaming. Recently I jumped into the DS with a DS Lite, grabbed a supercard rumble, and a 2gig SD. After dealextreme started offering R4s for damn near free, got a couple of those (kept one, convinced my cousin he needed one). I'm now back to hunting for a gba-compatible card for the DS... I need me some final fantasy tactics
biggrin.gif

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, I'm addicted to flashcards, too, in a way. I have:
Supercard MiniSD
DS-Xtreme
R4DS
EZ Flash IV MiniSD (bought it solely for my GB Micro)
EZ 3-in-1 (just ordered it a few days ago)

And I don't plan to sell ANY of them, they all serve their different purposes. Also, I collect other DS stuff, such as cases, different hardware like rumble pack or usb charger and stuff. I also have 13 legit games. Yeah, I'm a big NDS fan.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
well i already have quite a few, names are in my sig, i'm planning to get G6 lite aswell for gba games soon, i have no where to sell the old carts so i might as well keep them and use them for something.

AeroScap

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's nice to see posts like this considering the nature of the product which does not feature many purchases after the initial one.

I wouldnt say addicted, it's more like supporting your community.

jelbo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hehe, I'm not the only one. I generally save up my money and don't really spend it to useless stuff like beer. Besides, I still live with my parents and don't have a car that'd suck money.
biggrin.gif

I think it's safe to say I'm addicted.

Nice purchases jelbo
smile.gif
yup, you're definitely addicted.
Thanks. Yeah, I mostly do quite some research before I make a purchase. Oh, I didn't say so in my 1st post, but I also bought a SuperKey for my bro, and 2 DS Dummy Cards to use sleep mode when I had sold my Max Media Launcher (which didn't support sleep mode anyway).

I just hope I can restrain myself when M3 and G6 Real are released. But seeing I can kinda do everything with my current collection I have good hopes
rolleyes.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Prior to fairly late in the GBA's life (3 years ago) I had not really messed with flash carts (I chipped PSones and stuff but who did not do that), still it would seem I have now joined the heady ranks of the top 50 most prolific spammers posters (also the only one to have joined in '05) around here so while I may only have 3 carts these days (which all see regular usage) you can definitely say I am addicted to this place and by extension flash carts.

My only regret is lack of funny cat pictures to share with you all (my cats are all too lazy now they are old to do anything funny).

m|kk|

Trophies
Website
www.mikki.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm in love with a flashcard addict... Which makes me one too, apparently
wub.gif
Our household has 2 each of M3 MiniSD Perfect, M3 Lite Pro, and now an M3 Simply and a R4
blink.gif

I feel special because instead of getting SpikeyGCPS2's hand-me-downs, I usually get the same flashcards that he is currently using. It's true that we have a surplus of flashcards around the house, but I guess each of them has their own unique purpose.
biggrin.gif

Edit: Funny cat picture

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would say that I'm addicted to flashcards, even though I sell them. I have a box full of flashcards(R4s and M3 DSs). In my personal collection I have: a R4ds, M3 DS, the old SCDS 1(revised SCDS 1 coming this week), ninjapass X9(Crap), EZ flash V with the expansion pack, a DS-X, G6 lite, M3 lite, Supercard lite, supercard rumble mini sd and a M3 SD( my first flashcard). I also have 20 kingston (Japanese) micro sd cards. I'll also probably buy the G6DS and M3 real when it comes out. It's a good thing I made a lot of profit or else I wouldn't be able to support my addiction to flashcards.
rofl2.gif

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wouldn't say i'm addicted. When it works, i stick with it.
My good old F2a for GBA (wich i don't use much anymore) and my giant M3CF, still works with anything i throw at it.

laurenz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't have the cash for it. I once bought a M3CF and i felt quite guilty for paying so much for such a thing. Although i don't regret it.
But i'd feel even moor guilty by just looking at the R4 or M3Simply. Just like wabo i stick with my giant M3CF as it works well enough for now. I consider buying a new one when games get more advanced and protected.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Other games I can have turned up to like 2X and all kinds of enhancements, Motorstorm hmmm nope...