Hacking I'm a complete noob. Help with GBA emulation on 3DS XL?

Who Wants Bagels

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the topic says, I'm completely new when it comes to anything homebrew. Basically, I just got a 3DS XL, and I want to emulate GBA games on it. How exactly would I go about doing this (step by step instructions would be best, as I have no idea what I'm doing)? What flashcart should I invest in? Is it possible on the newest firmware? Finally, will it affect my usage of the 3DS's online features?

I'd appreciate all the help I can get with this.

vassildador

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm afraid this is currently only possible with a supercard DSTwo, which only runs regular DS games / homebrew and has a built-in GBA emulator. It'll drain your battery life faster than a normal DS game would, and isn't exactly perfect emulation, but it gets the job done. As you just got your 3DS I'm also afraid you won't be getting any 3DS homebrew soon, as only 3DS's on firmware 4.1-4.5 have some discovered security flaws that are actively being exploited.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you want to do this on 3DS, but if you also happen to have a hacked PSP, it's got a better GBA emulator than the one on DSTWO.

Who Wants Bagels

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No PSP, I'm afraid. Heck, I'd do this on my older DS if it was still working. Right now, I'm thinking the DStwo would probably be a decent idea. How's the performance on it? On that note, is there somewhere where I can see how well particular games run on the emulator? Lastly, what size microSD card is recommended? I want to store at least 15 GBA games on it. I don't really have any other purpose for the DStwo other than GBA emulation.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think that the DSTWO GBA Emulator is good enough for almost every game since I hever had any problems.
GBA Games are very small. 2GB should be enough if you don't want to put anything else than the DSTWO OS, the GBA Emulator and the games on it.

/edit
Here is a compatibility list for the official GBA Emulator but TempGBA has a better support as far as I know.

/edit #2
Here is a compatibility list for TempGBA.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol