Gaming IGN's Top 25 Wii Games. Now complete.

noname000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Top 25 Wii Games from IGN

List below (for whatever the crap my spoilers isn't working) :

25. Muramasa: The Demon Blade

24. Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

23. Monster Hunter Tri

22. Warioware Smooth Moves

21. Metroid Other M

20. Mega Man 9

19. Tatsunoko vs. Capcom

18. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11

17. Wii Sports Resort

16. Zack & Wiki: Quest For Barbaros Treasure

15. Okami

14. Rock Band 2

13. Punch-Out

12. Dead Space Extraction

11. Mario Kart Wii

10. Zelda Twilight Princess

9. Super Paper Mario

8. Boom Blox Bash Party

7. Sin and Punishment Star Successor

6. New Super Mario Bros Wii

5. Smash Bros Brawl

4. World of Goo

3. Metroid Prime Trilogy

2. Super Mario Galaxy

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2

Agree? Underrated? Overated? Not even a worthy on a top 25 list? Should any have been up there on the top 25?

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I thought Super Mario Galaxy was slightly better than its sequel. Other than that, this is a good list. I really think Guitar Hero 3 and House of the Dead: Overkill belong in it though.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No MadWorld, no No More Heroes, and Muramasa is not that good. House of the Dead: Overkill also deserves a spot.

And the list can't truly be complete until the Wii is done. Donkey Kong Country, Epic Mickey, and Skyward Sword might deserve a spot.

Adolf1994

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
I think the upcoming Super Meat Boy deserves a spot. However, it isn't released yet
tongue.gif

And please go here to vote for WiiWare or Retail. Thanks
Btw, nice list, but i thought Dead Space will be around 6-7
tongue.gif

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The one from Gamerankings is way more representive! They make a avarage from all mayor gamesites.
1. Super Mario Galaxy 97.46%
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2 97.07%
3. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess 94.51%
4. World of Goo 94.00%
5. Super Smash Bros. Brawl 92.75%
6. Metroid Prime Trilogy 92.27%
7. Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition 91.45%
8. Rock Band 2 91.33%
9. Cave Story 90.30%
10. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption 90.16%

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
In regards to saying "it's not complete", they update this annually to reflect on titles released before a certain. The title's misleading, it should be IGN's Top 25 Wii Games as of 2010 (or November 2010).

Guild McCommunist said:
No MadWorld, no No More Heroes, and Muramasa is not that good. House of the Dead: Overkill also deserves a spot.
To be honest, I honestly consider Muramasa to be in the top 5 best third-party Wii game there is. House of the Dead: Overkill wasn't particularly a quality title, let alone deserving to be in the Top 25. Just my thoughts.

If anything, Zelda should be bumped up to at least a 7th place. Boom Blox Bash Party and Sin and Punishment were great games, but Zelda was definitely better. Why is Bash Party even up in 8th? That game could probably be bumped down to 15th or so.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good list, but S&P2 doesn't deserve to break the Top 25, in my opinion. It was a decent shooter, nothing more.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CarbonX13 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
To be honest, I honestly consider Muramasa to be in the top 5 best third-party Wii game there is. House of the Dead: Overkill wasn't particularly a quality title, let alone deserving to be in the Top 25. Just my thoughts.

If anything, Zelda should be bumped up to at least a 7th place. Boom Blox Bash Party and Sin and Punishment were great games, but Zelda was definitely better. Why is Bash Party even up in 8th? That game could probably be bumped down to 15th or so.

Muramasa felt boring as all hell. Yeah, it was a great looking game, but the gameplay and level design were so boring and bland that it made me incredibly bored. It was a chore playing it. I mean when you spend a good majority of the time running through blank areas with absolutely nothing in them (which I found myself doing A LOT), then there's a problem.

HotD: Overkill was quality. The graphics were rather impressive for a Wii game and it was made very purposefully campy and funny. Yeah, it was short, but it was a game that was meant to be played over and over again, like an arcade game.

As for Boom Blox, it's probably up that high because it's one of the few Wii games that is truly awesome for both casual gamers and hardcore ones. For example, I brought it to my cousin's once to play. I played it (I was probably 15-16 at the time) and had fun, then my cousin's friend (he's probably in his mid-30's to early 40's) played it and had fun. Then my cousin's daughter (whose 4) played it and had fun. I would put it quite high purely for the variety of gameplay modes, the lack of learning curve, and how broad the appeal is. Zelda, while a fantastic game, was still rather limited to your standard Nintendo gamer and didn't cater to broad appeal.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Guild McCommunist said:
CarbonX13 said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Muramasa felt boring as all hell. Yeah, it was a great looking game, but the gameplay and level design were so boring and bland that it made me incredibly bored. It was a chore playing it. I mean when you spend a good majority of the time running through blank areas with absolutely nothing in them (which I found myself doing A LOT), then there's a problem.

HotD: Overkill was quality. The graphics were rather impressive for a Wii game and it was made very purposefully campy and funny. Yeah, it was short, but it was a game that was meant to be played over and over again, like an arcade game.

As for Boom Blox, it's probably up that high because it's one of the few Wii games that is truly awesome for both casual gamers and hardcore ones. For example, I brought it to my cousin's once to play. I played it (I was probably 15-16 at the time) and had fun, then my cousin's friend (he's probably in his mid-30's to early 40's) played it and had fun. Then my cousin's daughter (whose 4) played it and had fun. I would put it quite high purely for the variety of gameplay modes, the lack of learning curve, and how broad the appeal is. Zelda, while a fantastic game, was still rather limited to your standard Nintendo gamer and didn't cater to broad appeal.
This is, once again, highly debatable, because our opinions are different. I'll just leave it at the following and not bother continuing in debating this.

Muramasa was a beautiful game, and was remarkably fun for the standard hack and slash. Yes, the level designs weren't great, but the background images set the atmosphere really well. The gameplay was simple, but addictive in my opinion. I played a five hour session of the game without feeling bored at all.

House of the Dead on the other hand, felt incomplete in my eyes. The game missed on key gameplay aspects, and it wasn't that fun to get through.

Boom Blox had appeal, and I agree it's a great title. I loved the original, and Bash Party was only better. But it just didn't feel like it was a masterful game that Zelda achieved with Twilight Princess on the Wii. Yes, the game's accessible as it is fun, but at the same time it didn't really have the same shine that Zelda gave me when I played through.

Once again, people's opinions are different, and yours seem to be a polarised version of mine, lol. I'll leave it at this.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CarbonX13 said:
Muramasa was a beautiful game, and was remarkably fun for the standard hack and slash. Yes, the level designs weren't great, but the background images set the atmosphere really well. The gameplay was simple, but addictive in my opinion. I played a five hour session of the game without feeling bored at all.

House of the Dead on the other hand, felt incomplete in my eyes. The game missed on key gameplay aspects, and it wasn't that fun to get through.

Boom Blox had appeal, and I agree it's a great title. I loved the original, and Bash Party was only better. But it just didn't feel like it was a masterful game that Zelda achieved with Twilight Princess on the Wii. Yes, the game's accessible as it is fun, but at the same time it didn't really have the same shine that Zelda gave me when I played through.

Once again, people's opinions are different, and yours seem to be a polarised version of mine, lol. I'll leave it at this.

So Muramasa is just basically Wallpaper: The Game? If I wanted to stare at pretty backdrops I'd go download a nice screensaver for my computer. The gameplay was like every other hack and slash game except more button mashing.

What was House of the Dead missing? You pointed, you shot zombies, and occasionally got a new gun. Outside of some decent level design (which it had), that's really all you need for a light gun shooter.

Zelda in my eyes was probably better than Boom Blox but in terms of how much use you can get out of Boom Blox and how much fun you can get out of it with people, it deserves maybe a spot or two above. Many people found Twilight Princess to be significantly worse than Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, and Ocarina of Time. I loved it to death but in terms of Top 25 Wii Games, I'd rank Boom Blox above it. It's not My Top 25 Favorite Wii games or the Top 25 Best Wii Games, it's just the Top 25 Wii Games.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Mostly good list. I'm especially glad to see sin & punishment 2 as the highest rails shooter (not to say that dead space extraction or HotD: overkill aren't good...they certainly are).
yaywii.gif

Strange timing, though. A whole bunch of top quality games came out just AFTER their set deadline. The list is probably very different within 2 months.

(oh, and honestly...mega man 9 as 2nd best wiiware? No matter how good it is for what it is...it is still A FREAKIN' 8 BIT GAME!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s