IGN: MGS 3D: Snake Eater visuals look good to better than PS2 ver.

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 5,987
  • Replies 73
D

Deleted_171835

OP

IGN has posted their impressions of Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater. They have said that "Konami went all out" and "faithfully reproduced" the game for a handheld. According to them, the visuals look as good to better than they did on the PlayStation 2. It has also been said that the 3D effect "is one of the most impressive uses" that has yet been seen in a 3DS game. This should alleviate some concerns that people have had over the game.

With all the mixed impressions over this, I don't know what to think. I'll just get it myself and see how it is.

icon11.gif
Source

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed them saying that, but y'know, it's IGN.
On a related note, I went on the "Backpack and Fake Death Pills Gameplay Video" Youtube video., the bawwing there was hilarious. Only on youtube :P

Reactions: 1 person

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No idea, looks good, but not better than Resident Evil.. But I guess it's unfair to judge by videos and pictures since the game always looks better on the actual systems screen.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
No idea, looks good, but not better than Resident Evil.. But I guess it's unfair to judge by videos and pictures since the game always looks better on the actual systems screen.
Resident Evil was built from the ground-up. This reuses assets from the PS2 game among other things. Obviously it won't look as good.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Resident Evil was built from the ground-up. This reuses assets from the PS2 game among other things. Obviously it won't look as good.
This is a remake, I'm pretty sure (though not certain) they remade the textures.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
There's a demo being released for this game, but to be honest, the smartest move to make is to buy the HD Collection.
Oh would people stop saying that. This is a portable version of MGS3. If you don't want to be tied down to a console, this is perfect for you. And before anyone brings up the Vita version, there has been little to no information on it and not everyone has a Vita.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, true. It's a sad thought though that we will never have a perfect HD remake. They should've remade Ocarina of Time 3D from scratch, would have looked a like better, visually.

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a demo being released for this game, but to be honest, the smartest move to make is to buy the HD Collection.
That's whats gonna kill this game so bad. the HD version just looks infinitely better. Everyone will look at both and say, "Oh look that HD one looks better",and buy it.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh would people stop saying that. This is a portable version of MGS3. If you don't want to be tied down to a console, this is perfect for you. And before anyone brings up the Vita version, there has been little to no information on it and not everyone has a Vita.
Not to mention the 3DS has new features and new other crap.

Best case scenario: Buy the PS3 HD collection and MGS3:3D

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

It's an obvious move anyone would make. Buying the HD Collection and no I'm not saying for the Vita, but for a console.

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

What kind of new features is this going to get?

D

Deleted_171835

OP

It's an obvious move anyone would make. Buying the HD Collection and no I'm not saying for the Vita, but for a console.
You missed the point. This is perfect for anyone who wants a portable version of it. Obviously if you're going to play it at home and you have a PS3/360, you're better off with the HD collection.

This is a remake, I'm pretty sure (though not certain) they remade the textures.
One look at the gameplay footage and it's evident that they didn't.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What kind of new features is this going to get?
Off the top of my head, other than the 3DS hardware features, I'm not sure, all I know is that there are some.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but you can get this game in HD + more games on a portable console (Which isn't released yet, but still)
Well it truly depends on what you're looking for. Some people want to play SE again but don't want to have the same experience they already had, they want more than that. Others just want the game to be in HD with other games and nothing else. It's a matter of preference. Personally, I wish they'd combine this with the HD collection and make it for the 3DS and Vita, that's the true best case scenario.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up