CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Ok so you've seen all these official games from Nintendo - some are great, some good, some fair - while others get you thinking
'That's total C*** - I can come up with a better game than that....'

So here's your chance
Just post your idea - give a little description of the game (No long storylines please), add some details on the type of gameplay (maybe use existing DS games as an example), & if you're good at Sketching/Computer graphics maybe add either a Mock screenshot or Developer Sketch

Who knows - maybe a homebrew developer will think it's a good idea for a game & produce it !! (If any developers do - don't forget to add credit the person who's idea it was originally)

Here's a couple of my ideas as examples:

Example 1:
Game: Iso-Tron
Description: Basically a TRON-Light cycle style game but viewed in an 'Isometric' form (Similar to 'Spyro' 3d effect) with your 'bike' fixed in the centre of the [top] screen & you can only see the immediate area around your bike (so fast reactions are required) of a larger play-field
Gameplay: Avoid the opposition Light cycle & win. Winning offers Money which you can then use to purchase 'Add-ons'.
a couple of examples add-ons are:-
'Bike-Boost': Short burst of speed to help overtake
'Side Bumpers': Activate causes any bike next to you to get bumped across (preferably into a wall/tail)
'Rockets': Blast a hole in a 'tail' directly in front of you to allow you to pass through unharmed

You have limited 'spaces' on your bike to place add-ons [shown & activated on bottom touch screen - along with a plan view of the play area(which may not necessary be 'square')] so before each 'race' you are informed of your opposition & then decide on what items you may need to equip it with (a bit like Elite's 'ship equipping')

Example 2:
Game: Vortex minefield
Description: If anyone can remember it, way back there was a Kids TV show called 'The Adventure Game'. This is based on the Final [turn based] game of the show
Gameplay: You move across a 'floating' maze-like platform (larger than the DS screen - so you only see a small portion of it at a time), either forwards/backwards or sidewards.
You must avoid an invisible moving 'vortex' (or Mine), which can only move forward or sidewards (harder levels may allow it to move backwards as well).
After you move one place then the vortex is allowed to move one place (it tries to home in on you).
The vortex CANNOT move onto the same space as you BUT YOU can step onto the space occupied by the Vortex (then it's game Over/Life lost)

After each 'round' you succeed in winning you get points based on how long it took you (bonus points if you're quick enough,or if you collect 'special pick-ups' during game) - which can be swapped for add-ons like:-
Sonar: As Vortex gets closer to you - pinging sound speeds up
Compass: An Arrow points in the general direction of the vortex (but doesn't tell you how far away it is)
Proximity Alarm: If Vortex is within 1 space of you - Border of screen turns red
Repel: Once activated will cause Vortex to move AWAY from you for a limited time as you move
(other add-on ideas exist)

You can only carry 1 item (bonus point pick-ups don't count) & any that you may pick-up during the game (as you play the level you will see pick-up scattered around the platform) will automatically replace any you have.
Level difficulty is achieved by the size/shape/layout of the floating platform (some paths may end up as dead end), AI of Vortex, Bonus Timer, & number of Random pick-up in maze/platform

====================

If you can't think of a game - then why not rate on the suggestions given, give a 5 ***** (star) rating on:
Originality: Is it really an Original idea for a game or just another 'clone' that's been done xxx times before
Playability: Would it 'last' - does it have the possibility of having that 'Just one more go' effect - does it have expansion possibilities (new 'add-on' weapons packs perhaps) or would it be boring & repetitive
Possibility: Could such a game actually be made ?
Interest: Would YOU actually download & try the game out - or just totally ignore it

djshok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd make a DS port of Sonic CD, like they did with Quake and Quake II. Hell I'd even offer money and support to anyone willing to do this.

euanadixon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FF7 Remake
tongue.gif

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game: Syblargh Tactics
Looks: like a Final fantasy tactics clone, but better.
Characters: Cyborgs of 5 races, Human, Demon, Angelic, Golem, Synthetic.
Description: Build your special Ops team, earn and learn new skills, use the traits of your race to turn the tide of battle in your favor, class system allows for a greater skill set for your warriors. Weapons fall under three catagories: Long range, Short range, Close combat.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A turn based action RPG. Essentially, you take turns, but after you select your method of attack, your character is free roaming so you can approach the character, do combos, etc, until your time is up for that character, then the next character does the same thing, etc. Combos could also be done with magic and specials. That's a general game idea though, probably not homebrew material.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A guitar tuner that would help you tune guitars into all different tunings. It could utilise the mic and tell you up or down on the top screen and you can switch which tuning you want with the touch screen. It could also play the sound and help you tune by ear.

EDIT: Oh I didn't realise it was for games.... but it's an idea anyway ~.~

GenesisX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingdomBlade said:
Kingdom Phoenix
Looks: Phoenix Wright and Sora combine their ultimate powers!
Characters: Disney, FF's , KH, and PW
Description: Phoenix and Sora go around fighting criminals and heartless? Awesome!
Lol Sora is a lawyer and Heartless are the criminals
tongue.gif

Sora: This "man" has brutally assulted Riku!
Judge: is this true?
Heartless: Yes, but then the lawyer killed my brother,uncle,dad,(insert list here)

tijntje_7

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
CLONK!
http://www.clonk.de/

i don't know what category it is (adventure sim maybe?)
but it's really original and nothing for ds compares to it ^^
it's extremely fun (and way more easy to play with the ds)
if this gets on ds it has to have multiplayer and wi-fi support
IT IS AW3SOME XD

srry for mah bad english
frown.gif

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
a browser based rpg like phantasyrpg
with the combination of a flashmade overworld that doesn't have to load constantly
where you simply move on a biiiig map
and randomly encounter monsters
you can job change etc etc
thats what i would make

lord0fshred

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
An entertaining FPS with multiplayer and Wifi support, but with also a solid single player mode that includes deathmatch against cpu, sort of like unreal tournament. i haven't seen one of those yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la