If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

YOUCANTSTOPME

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Case in point:

My friend's 3DS's R button stopped working, so I said I'd order a replacement L + R and fix it. After putting it back together and it was all done, I noticed the new button was quieter than the old one. So I figured I'd open it up again and change the L button too, so the "clickiness" was the same on both buttons. Not a big deal, but hey, doesn't take long to change.

Well, after opening it up, the connector ripped off the ribbon and got stuck in the motherboard!! So after finally getting it out (and worried the board might be ruined in the process), I still had no replacement. So now I have to order another replacement off eBay and wait weeks - all for something that I should've just left alone.

Moral of the story: If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :D

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Case in point:

My friend's 3DS's R button stopped working, so I said I'd order a replacement L + R and fix it. After putting it back together and it was all done, I noticed the new button was quieter than the old one. So I figured I'd open it up again and change the L button too, so the "clickiness" was the same on both buttons. Not a big deal, but hey, doesn't take long to change.

Well, after opening it up, the connector ripped off the ribbon and got stuck in the motherboard!! So after finally getting it out (and worried the board might be ruined in the process), I still had no replacement. So now I have to order another replacement off eBay and wait weeks - all for something that I should've just left alone.

Moral of the story: If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :D
Sounds like it was broken

Reactions: Neo127

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM