Hacking If I updated in GW Mode because I am an idiot, am I bricked?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know several people who bricked, claimed a system update bricked them and got the 3DS' fixed free of charge.
Until an influx of i bricked during an update bla blah takes place. Which is what put gamestop and Microsoft on alert many years ago during a ban wave.
it was 5.0.0-11 was causing bricks when it initially came out. or at least partial updates (left old NATIVE_FIRM). 5.1.0-11 fixed this.

Reactions: vb_encryption_vb

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
it was 5.0.0-11 was causing bricks when it initially came out. or at least partial updates (left old NATIVE_FIRM). 5.1.0-11 fixed this.
I'm talking about recently (When 10.3 downgrading came out)

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well I'm glad I'm not using Gateway then.

Me too..

Wait: I bought my first 3DS back in November 2011...so it probably came with a low firmware...so I had to update to 5.X at some point...yet it didn't brick since I still use the same console today...

Last edited by Amapola62,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait: I bought my first 3DS back in November 2011...so it probably came with a low firmware...so I had to update to 5.X at some point...yet it didn't brick since I still use the same console today...
the issues with 5.0.0-11 were pretty much by chance. some people got errors, some didn't.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can install the hardmod...

If Nintendo has the slightest insight yet, they would be checking the cause off all the bricks. Hell Microsoft did it years ago with the 360.

Could you message me so we can make arrangements? I will give you a copy of Cubic Ninja if you can help restore my system

Reactions: vb_encryption_vb

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: gnmmarechal

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's that Temp love I have come to expect. When someone can't do anything to help you, they just insult you and keep on rolling.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==