If I repair my laptop using the store warranty, can I...

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Feels Good Man, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Feels Good Man
    OP

Member Feels Good Man GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    ask them to replace it with another laptop?

There's this newer version of this laptop I got and was wondering if I can exchange it for that. I dont mind paying a bit extra to get it. This laptop has been giving me numerous problems (as seen in my performance hiccups during games topic) and yeah, was just wondering if I could.

Thanks [​IMG]

PS - It's the futureshop warranty

2. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    it depends...
    they might send it back to the manufacturer. though if u do some yelling, you might get your way.

3. zeromac

Member zeromac Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY

Australia
    Im not sure about that policy but with some PC shops/games shops they should have like a trade in deal yea?

4. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Ask them, also check the back of your reciept to see if it says anything about their returns policy. Most stores would send it off for repair if you'd had it longer than a month, and only replace it with a new unit if they cannot fix the problem, but individual stores may do things differently. You've got nothing to lose by asking really [​IMG]

5. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Phone up, and tell them that you are unhappy with this product that they have made, and you would like to get the one you want.
    + some yelling,
    more complaining,
    + some more yelling.

After about 5mins of that, you might have a new laptop [​IMG]

6. Feels Good Man
    OP

Canada
    I'll probably complain a lot, not shouting though lol. This laptop has been giving me a lot of problems other than the gaming performance issues. This laptop has BSOD'd on me quite a few times, froze on me, hiccups even when im not playing games, turns on by itself when it's on hibernate/sleep (and this has been a big problem. It turned on while in my bag and it get extremely hot. When I took it out, it was beeping and the power lights were red), when I plug in earphones, it sometimes stop working from the earphones and just goes through the speakers, when nothing was plugged in the earphone slots, sounds wouldn't come out from the speakers, having trouble turning it on sometimes, keeps disconnecting from the school network, I keep hearing clicking noises coming from the fan or something and yeah.

>__<

EDIT - And yes, I updated the BIOS and all the drivers and i'm still having problems.

7. playallday

Member playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

Canada
    Heck, you'll be lucky if you get a new one at all with futureshop!

8. Feels Good Man
    OP

Canada
    Heh, I got a new one. Oh man, Windows 7 is so fast