Homebrew If I list my 3DS FC on my profile, will Nintendo be able to see that and ban me from Nintendo Network?

chaoticdaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not based on your friend code in any profile, in my opinion. Nintendo isn't checking every little detail of your life like this site or even from information at assemblergames.
but Nintendo would know how you connect to their network. So they would detect Luma3ds as an unauthorized way to access them.
I like to think Nintendo is waiting for you to do something provable like accessing services in a way they know is not by their design.

https://mashable.com/2017/05/26/nintendo-3ds-hack-ban/

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i doubt they'll just ban for you being on this site alone especially if they ban a 100% clean it's just that no one has the balls to take nintendo to court (I will for my switch lite considering A it will remain unhacked and B I am using a fresh new NNID for it )

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you'd probably have to be caught in the act of doing something you shouldn't be. who's to say that your friend's code is even correct? however, I do feel the same way. I haven't gone legit since the playstation 1, but I'm going legit with the switch. since my wii u is hacked, I obviously don't want it banned. and, I don't want my wii u to be associated with my switch in any way.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, your friend's code can be changed in settings (at least on the switch). your system's personal certificate can't be changed, so that's one reason it's probably not likely to be banned for posting your friend's code.

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, they'd be opening themselves up too much to disaster if they banned you for posting your friend code anywhere. It might be a clean console, it might not be yours, there's too much uncertainty that could lead to them getting sued.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night