If I had money, I want to buy a liquid nitrogen tank...

delete12345

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...and then try to overclock the Switch.

Or do something about the low underclocked frequency of the Nvidia SoC.

I don't know. Lately, liquid nitrogen sounds intriguing to me...

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not even possible to over click the switch yet. You wouldn’t even get it past the max GHz in docked mode. Wanna do liquid cooling? Build a custom pc.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Liquid nitrogen is good for making ice cream! I have also poured it into a computer to clean it out before. You can make insta freeze bananas too - but don't you dare try to eat them.

Another fun thing is sticking in a can full of hot steam face first and watching it implode.

I miss working in a chemistry lab :'(

D

Deleted-442439

Of all the ridiculous threads I have seen the last days this one has to be the best lol.

You are aware that pouring a cryogenic liquid on a chip will kill it after a few minute's right? Even if you did overclock the SoC you would never get a stable configuration that would require such extreme cooling. The board, power delivery and SoC would not handle the voltages needed to ever make that a necessity, its a mobile low voltage chip it's not like it has a i9-7900X or threadripper, and even the most high end of high end chips would never reach such temps.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: guily6669

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...and then try to overclock the Switch.

Or do something about the low underclocked frequency of the Nvidia SoC.

I don't know. Lately, liquid nitrogen sounds intriguing to me...
Are you sure you know what you are doing because this post just makes me thing something is very wrong here

D

Deleted-442439

Also such cooling would cause condensation and water droplets would form inside the switch, boom entire board is fried.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL... When someone gets able to OC, YES, please try LN2, I want to know what is the maximum OC you can get out of the little sucker :D.

You are crazier than me. I just wanted a full copper thick backplate and bigger cooler and a bit of OC, but I would be happy seeing you try the max OC possible of the tegra X1, that is when someone knows how to OC it...

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not even possible to over click the switch yet. You wouldn’t even get it past the max GHz in docked mode. Wanna do liquid cooling? Build a custom pc.
Nah you just need to rapidly press the A button 100 times in under 10 seconds to over click the Switch.

(Sorry couldn't resist lol)

Reactions: Deleted-442439
D

Deleted-442439

It is, if you have gone through the process of compiling a custom kernel and running Linux it can be done, if it is safe is a another question, but possible yes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-