The Incredible Sulk
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nothing in a very long time has extended games replayability for me quite like the 360's achievments.

I heard disney was doing something similar, but I wish the ds had a uniersal achievment type feature like the 360.
God how my games would stretch longer.

Knab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
that would keep the game going for those that want to get every possible thing. but me, i get so many 360 games i move to the next before ever finishing them.

its like being in a food court of a mall and trying the samples but cant decide what to get lol.

one game i am hooked on is rainbow 6 vegas man that game rocks.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I agree I think the achievement system on the 360 is a great feature. I always tried to finish games on other systems 100%, but after I did there was nothing to show that I had completed them, unless I loaded up the save just to look at it.

Now with my 360 I can see what I have done in my games, like a history of my time playing.

It's also great coupled with LIVE because if you are stuck in a game you can check if any of your friends have beaten the game and you can chat with them for advice.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Only trouble is too many people would cheat the system with using something like the R4. Just look how the action replay cheats have ruined online gaming.

stonefry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's also great coupled with LIVE because if you are stuck in a game you can check if any of your friends have beaten the game and you can chat with them for advice.

Well, since you have 41 freakin' thousand nerd points, I highly doubt that you have friends that have beaten games that you haven't.
laugh.gif

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Well, since you have 41 freakin' thousand nerd points, I highly doubt that you have friends that have beaten games that you haven't.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
It's not that many, I have owned my 360 for like 2 years, so that's only like 20 games per year, which is in turn about 2.5 weeks per game. Very easy to finish games in that much time, especially when it's my major hobby.
tongue.gif

When I first started out I asked people for help on Oblivion, and more recently I asked a guy for help on Crackdown.

Moots

The Incredible Sulk
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Do you boost, or do you go all legit?

I suggest renting avatar and TMNT if you already havent. easy 2000 right there, avatar only takes 6 minutes. I rented it, got the achievment, went back to the store and said the box behind the game must have been wrong because I did not mean to rent avatar I meant to rent condemned and they just swapped em out.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Do you boost, or do you go all legit?

I suggest renting avatar and TMNT if you already havent. easy 2000 right there, avatar only takes 6 minutes. I rented it, got the achievment, went back to the store and said the box behind the game must have been wrong because I did not mean to rent avatar I meant to rent condemned and they just swapped em out.

No I don't boost multiplayer achievements or use game saves, I try to play the games for fun and if I get gamerscore then great.
smile.gif

The only boosting I have ever done was on games where the multiplayer was dead and nobody was playing it any more. Even then it wouldn't amount to much.

I've finished TMNT but I wanted to play that, at this stage I have no desire to play Avatar, maybe later if I'm really bored.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya i agree with the header of this topic. i watched my friend play assassins creed 360 and he like i dont know "shove" a villager and got an achievement. that would be sick for ds.

like pokemon D/P:
"you ran into 300 bidoofs in the last month"

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Personally I find the whole concept of achievements fairly pointless and I am usually a great fan of messing around trying to get the game to do stupid things.

Moots

The Incredible Sulk
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I used to think they were pointless aswell, then I got my own. For the first week I didn't care, then I saw that I had a couple thousand points and something just clicked. I started replaying through all of my older games, and cursing at my TV as I attempt to get the mile high achievement for COD4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    at all
    like i searched all folders
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    are you using haxchi, tiramisu or aroma?
    yeah
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    no, I'm asking which one of them you are using
    aroma
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    in that case, there is no such thing as homebrew launcher for aroma
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    you have to launch your homebrews directly from the wii u menu
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition +1