I wish people werent so ignorant on the Ninjahax situation

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by RemixDeluxe, Nov 30, 2014.

1. RemixDeluxe
    OP

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Both retailers and scalpers on online sites. They all think this homebrew will allow for 3DS game piracy like the Wii's homebrew did for Wii games when most people interested in homebrew dont want piracy in the first place (I assume they dont.)

Furthermore the less copies of this game in circulation means less chance for devs to get a hold of this exploit to do something worthwhile homebrew wise than some random ass trying to make a quick buck. Its really stupid but I'm just holding out hope there will be another way to install the homebrew soon for legit users and devs sake.

ieatpixels and WiiCube_2013 like this.

2. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    It doesn't matter if it runs roms or not. All that matters is supply and demand.
    Many want it and few have it, therefore the price goes up.

Scorchy and SuzieJoeBob like this.
  3. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    the ebay prices have already dropped from £60 down to £35. its coming down quick.

4. FireGrey

FireGrey Undercover Admin

Apr 13, 2010
    Or maybe because there was an increase in demand that they couldn't handle they raised the price?

5. Idaho

Idaho GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 3, 2013
    France
    Anyway there's a big flaw with ninjhax it stucks people on actual 9.X firmwares, as emuNAND isn't possible with such an exploit, so ninjahx is only ephemeral, I hope the new Gateway method on 9.X firmwares will be available soon and that it'll allow kernel access, even though it'd be better for Gateway to wait for an n3DS release in all regions before releasing their exploit if they aim for more benefits, I hope this could then be reversed and used by the community to achieve more things and more reversing on the system...

SuzieJoeBob and weatMod like this.
  6. paulyd

paulyd Member

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2009
    I think the price lowered due to the fact NINJHAX can be launched using the CIA or a ROM on Gateway & MT Card & their clones, that cut down the demand quite a bit

7. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Ohh how the people thinking they can get rich off off an exploit have fallen.

I was lucky enough to grab a copy for a fiver.
    To bad they all sold out now :c

8. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Addict

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    The prices are high because they know the game is in high demand so they jack up the price. It's not to prevent piracy.

9. Silentsurvivor

Silentsurvivor Banned

Banned
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    lol

MichiS97, tjexp, gtaking112 and 3 others like this.
  10. purupuru

purupuru GBAtemp Regular

Oct 10, 2013
    United States
    What the hell are you talking about. Prices aren't high at all. I picked up CN on ebay yesterday for $25 shipped. That's probably less than the game cost when it came out. The fact that people know about this exploit has caused more copies of the game to hit the market than before the news broke and this has driven prices down considerably in the past few weeks. This is actually leading to more opportunity for buyers and lower costs. <snip>

11. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Addict

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    Guess what? Not everybody lives in the US.

I was lucky and managed to get Cubic Ninja for ¥4800. Right now, they're typically at least ¥9000.

12. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Reading quotations isnt your strong suit is it.

13. Silentsurvivor

Silentsurvivor Banned

Banned
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    "I assume they don't"

You were assuming wrong. Homebrew on 3DS is pretty barebones and quite pointless to be honest. What will the 3DS be able to offer that I already can't do MUCH better with a decent Android device, which emulates everything up to Dreamcast and PSP?

14. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Personally I want region unlocking (yes I do import), cheating (cause lol datel), and I was very interested to see how that virtual boy emulator will work on the 3DS since it is a 3D system after all.

Those are just a few things I would like.

15. Idaho

Idaho GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 3, 2013
    France
    Android devices aint nothing like a 3ds though, otherwise I'd already have one, playing on a cell phone isnt quite fun and those chinese android consoles aren't even as remotely fun as a PSP with a CFW or a DS with a flashcart, the 3DS scene still need a few efforts to bring the fun to this level but playing homebrews on a 3DS is still funnier than those lame android devices...

16. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    Lol its was selling for like £2.50-£5 pre ninjhax, then when the hack.was released it shot up to like £40-60, now it's settling down to like £25-30 now the price gougers have realised the majority of people won't pay £60, and the idiots who thought it was a rom loader have already been ripped off now......once nintendo patch it the price will probably drop even more, I doubt it will ever get back to pre-exploit price (well atleast not for a good while)

RemixDeluxe likes this.
  17. aos10

aos10 how i fotochop?

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    in the game boy/color/advance era , there was alot of fake games
    so , why they can't make fake game cartridge for the DS and 3DS ?

18. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Serves them right for taking advantage of devs like that. I'm willing to wait however long it takes for it to get somewhere reasonable (or until a new method is discovered), I dont need homebrew that bad.

19. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    Tbh it's just the way these things go, I kinda think smealum should of got a Lil stockpile for devs so any devs who wanted to work on homebrew could get a cheap copy..........would of helped attact devs

20. ChrisRX

ChrisRX GBAtemp Fan

Nov 8, 2006
    Because back when flash storage was expensive, game companies weren't so worried about piracy,
    Now that it's cheap to recreate the hardware, nintendo has invested a lot more effort into anti-piracy encryption etc.