Hardware i think ive messed up my 3ds

keenhao

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so the other day i opened my 3ds up for the first time in some months. Forgetting bout some things i tried to update a game but it required a system update and i did that but now its saying "failed to apply 1 firm patch(es). Now ive thought back and remembered that i could restore the nand backup but when i went to go do that it was apparently corrupt and an error shows when i try to restore it, "MBR MBR is corrupt" and then "NAND dump is corrupt" does anyone know how to get out of this?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so the other day i opened my 3ds up for the first time in some months. Forgetting bout some things i tried to update a game but it required a system update and i did that but now its saying "failed to apply 1 firm patch(es). Now ive thought back and remembered that i could restore the nand backup but when i went to go do that it was apparently corrupt and an error shows when i try to restore it, "MBR MBR is corrupt" and then "NAND dump is corrupt" does anyone know how to get out of this?
*sigh*
"Failed to apply 1 firm patches" #64542
Assuming GodMode9 did not start restoring the corrupted image (could be really bad):
  • Replace boot.firm with the one from the latest release.
  • Update boot.firm on CTRNAND as well.
  • Checking your SD is highly recommended if the NAND backup got corrupted on it:
Create a new NAND-backup on a SD which is know to work (tested) and save the image file on your computer as well.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn