I think I may have gotten a fake EZ Flash 3 in 1... HELP!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Zoro11031, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Zoro11031
    OP

Newcomer Zoro11031 Member

United States
    Ok first off, it came from Hong Kong (and dealextreme did not tell me it was coming from there >_>). Big red flag. Second, it doesn't show up when I boot up my DS as a slot 2 game. Bigger red flag. And third, when I go on my Cyclo DS Evolution, and select boot from slot 2, it doesn't work. Says no compatible device found. The box looks like the normal EZ Flash box, except the pictures I see of it show a silverish color for the word Pack, while mine is black. Everything else is the same as far as I can tell. Is there any way to tell if it's fake? If it's real, how do I get it to work?
    EDIT: OK I just found out Dealextreme ships from Hong Kong by default, apparently. So scratch that part about Hong Kong.

2. Green0scar

Member Green0scar GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Are you using the GBAxploder to load the games?

3. paul3100

Member paul3100 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Have you tried running the opera web browser ?

Also try using GBA ExpLoader Download

The ez doesn't show up on the ds bios screen unless a game has been flashed to the memory!

paul

4. Zoro11031
    OP

United States
    No, I haven't tried loading games yet. It's just that in the options for the Cyclo, it says boot from slot 2, and it says there is no compatible device. On the reviews for the product on dealextreme, they all say it works so I don't know what is wrong

Posts merged

K, I'll try that. Does it permanently add compatibility or do you have to load up the app every time you want to use the EZ Flash. My friend has the phat version of the ez flash and the same Cyclo I have, and it works on his so I don't know why mine wouldn't work.

5. Santee

Member Santee Jalapeño

United States
    seriously try reading other topics before you make new topic you got the new plus it has a bigger memory for nor cause the old ones aren't produced anymore we both got the plus and cyclods just wait for TC to make a firmware update. Use the latest version of gbaxploder to lead gba roms

6. MFDC12

Member MFDC12 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    you need something loaded into the NOR memory for it to boot anywhere (whether it be on the main menu or the cyclods). if it is the plus version, use gbaexploader to load a game into the NOR or psram.

7. Zoro11031
    OP

United States
    I always assumed that it didn't affect Cyclo because they're supposed to support EZ flash. I feel stupid now.

8. Zoro11031
    OP

United States
    Ok, so I can play GBA games and stuff, but how do I run homebrew? I tried booting it into psram with GBA Exploader and I just get a white screen. Why is this? And, of course, when I boot it from the Cyclo DS it says no compatible device.

9. Santee

Member Santee Jalapeño

United States
    only gba roms like i said before it's not supported by the cyclods except in gbaxploder

10. Zoro11031
    OP

United States
    Damn. So I can't run GBA homebrew without a different slot 2 card?

11. Santee

Member Santee Jalapeño

United States
    never mind i think it dosen't work but I'm not sure

12. ShAdOwFuRi

Member ShAdOwFuRi GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Zoro what colour of EzFlash did you get, white or black?