I need some update!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by cyr0x, May 10, 2009.

1. cyr0x
    OP

cyr0x GBAtemp Regular

Apr 27, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Okay guys, I hope I am in the right section.

I stopped following the homebrew scene at the beginning of last year (I have to go to work now and don't have much time), so I have no clue what the hell is going on.
    I heard something about a Wad loader(wtf?), that you can install WiiWare title for free, homebrew browser, a usb loader was released, you can enter the shopping channel without updating, customfirmware and all the crazy stuff.

Now what I want to know is: What the hell happened last year? Can someone tell me any major change? What programs came out that is a must have?
    My firmware is 3.2E, is this good or bad?

Please help me getting back into the homebrew stuff!

2. kedest

kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 6, 2007
    Netherlands
    Using homebrew, you now can:
    Run both wii and gc backups from dvd+/-R
    Install pirated Virtual Console and WiiWare games
    Run Wii ISO's from a USB hard drive

3. ToneEQ

ToneEQ GBAtemp Regular

Aug 14, 2007
    South Wales
    ^ What kedest said

...and don't upgrade your firmware, 3.2 is the best!

4. cyr0x
    OP

cyr0x GBAtemp Regular

Apr 27, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Okay, I won't update, and thanks for the infos. I gorgot to tell you that I have already a WiiKey installed. So I can install all this stuff on my Wii now? Can you explain me how I do that? Are there threads on the Forum that show me how to install Virtual Console and WiiWare games, how to boot from USB Drives (I don't have one yet[I am reading the Coverflow Thread, its freakin awesome]) and so on? That would be really nice!

5. afif95

afif95 I own a bungalow on Mars, and booked 4 corner lots

Nov 24, 2008
    Malaysia
    Malaysia!
    My suggestion, check out the stickies. They're there for a reason; to teach you.

That, and read Homebrew Starter's Guide by me. A little bit outdated (So I recommend not downloading any files from the guide), yes, but it will keep things covered for yah.