Hacking I need help with DSi 1.4.5U

Fran Albini

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, yesterday I bought a DSi and I updated it to 1.4.5U DD:
Now, what flashcart should I buy that don't need a DS/DS Lite to update it or something like that? I can't borrow from anyone and don't have one.

tysonrss

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4iGold I believe. Pretty much all flashcarts will need a DS because the 3DS(or DSi)hasn't been hacked to the point where flashcarts specifically made for the system would work.

The Riolu

Emanation Pokémon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I guess you'd have to go with the R4i Gold. I was going to suggest the M3i Zero, but you updated your DSi to 1.4.5, and they haven't made a fix for it yet :P

Or you could buy an Acekard 2i or Supercard DSTWO updated for 1.4.5, and then no longer update if there is an update available :D

Fran Albini

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If I buy a R4iGold, I need to update it or is it already updated to use on my DSi?
And to update a card I would need another DS that isn't updated right?

The Riolu

Emanation Pokémon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I buy a R4iGold, I need to update it or is it already updated to use on my DSi?

I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't have to update it if you buy the latest version compatible with 1.4.5.
Make sure if you buy the R4i Gold, get the version from http://www.r4ids.cn/

Also, you would need another DS to update a card that isn't updated for DSi 1.4.5U.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
If the shop updates it before sending it out you'll be fine. Read on the product page for each shop to see if they update before sending it out.

Reactions: Liz Green

mybluered

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what i recommend is r4i sdhc 3ds, they released a new card which the lable has a v4.5 mark, that card can work on v1.45 out of the box.
game4deal.com is a good choice i think, but you can check their official first: http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/
I suggest that you'd better keep away from this card.
I just got a r4i-sdhc(r4i-sdhc.com)moths agao marked with 4.4
Now, I need to by a new card marked with 4.5 because I have updated my 3DS.

Almahisen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
far as i knew,at present, most store provide preflashed card for 3ds v4.5.0-10 and dsi v1.45,so you dont need any updating after you received your card.Bought a r4i gold 3ds from gamekool.com, they have flashed my card before i received it,maybe you can give it a shot.

bob wehadababyitsaboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a DS and a DSI i have a R4 SDHC 3ds/dsi rts lite card the dsi has firmware version 1.4.5u when I try to load card I get black screen with this message an error has occurred press and hold the power button when I put it in the ds it works fine. I was told to upgrade the cards firmware to v5.05 so I get that file add it to cf card slap it in the ds and it says it already has v5.05 PLEASE HELP

bob wehadababyitsaboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a DS and a DSI i have a R4 SDHC 3ds/dsi rts lite card the dsi has firmware version 1.4.5u when I try to load card I get black screen with this message an error has occurred press and hold the power button when I put it in the ds it works fine. I was told to upgrade the cards firmware to v5.05 so I get that file add it to cf card slap it in the ds and it says it already has v5.05 PLEASE HELP

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/threads/flash-carts-and-dsi-3ds-updates.315784/

If there's no update for your cart, then there's no update for your cart.

The Riolu

Emanation Pokémon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, a Supercard DSTWO is the best bang for your buck. I'd rather get that than the R4i Gold because it's more unique (R4i clone vs independent product) plus has quick updates from the supercard team.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I guess Ancientboi would be Peter