Gaming I need help finding a Super Mario Advance 2 rom with one of the piracy intros

nmuniz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure where I found it, nor who made it, but I remember some things about it. Some details may be slightly off, because it was like 2-4 years ago

1. It had music, I'm not sure what the name of it is, but that should eliminate Mode7 roms.
2. It had cheat codes. I can't remember which ones
3. It had the sprite of Mario riding Yoshi in it.
4. The background was orange at the bottom, making a gradient to yellow at the top.

I may have gotten it off of Emuparidise, but again, fuzzy memory. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this at. I'm kind of new to here, and forums in general, so sorry in advance.

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's a database somewhere that shows who ripped and released certain roms. If you could narrow down the region, that might speed things up.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are some databases of intros that had the ROM part removed (often referred to as drawing an intro, there even being some tools that would attempt to do it for you automatically just the same as they might remove them). I don't have any right now but they tended not to host ROMs and instead be proto homebrew (or public domain as some still called it) sites so might have survived all these years.

Otherwise... yeah that could be fun as most would have gone for intro free sets even back when, and the no intro (maybe even garpland) approach being considerably favoured in the many years since. You might have better luck searching for the original dirname or long form name but I don't even have that on hand right now (advanscene being the main release database I use these days, and while it notes a North American mode 7 release it does not mention dirname).

Original mode7 release for the North American version
http://www.advanscene.com/html/Releases/dbreleases.php?id=0288
later redump
http://www.advanscene.com/html/Releases/dbrelpure.php?id=0288

Cheats being present however means it is more likely a trainer that was applied which is a whole different thing.
For trainers then Japan and NA http://www.advanscene.com/html/Releases/dbreleases.php?id=0288 http://www.advanscene.com/html/Releases/dbreleases.php?id=0237
The original Cezar European release is mentioned as being patched on the same site but not what it does, nor any indication of cheat options there.
http://gba.dellicious.de/gbatrainer/ is also a good place to get older GBA trainers, newer ones might not always be on that one but those of those were joke ones made anyway.

Edit seems I have a skill or two in searching still, even if we are not going for mode7.
Screenshot_2021-07-12_15-56-53.png

nmuniz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much. I have been searching for about a year for this. I am listening to the song right now. For anyone else who wants it, the file name is qtxmp10f. Just patch it to a USA rom, and you're free to go. I can't put the hyperlink because (I think) I'm a new user. Again, thank you so much, it's really appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I was adding some stuff to my gdevelop project and I couldnt save it cuz there was a power outage and thus no internet
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ have you played super smash flash 2?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Not really.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, ok sorry
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh, no need to apologize. Thanks for asking.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You ever played Super Mario Crossover Flash?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its one of the best Mario games in Flash, where you can choose from a number of different Nintendo characters to play as.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its one of the best Mario games in Flash, where you can choose from a number of different...