Hacking I need a NAND

knomar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm an idiot.

I have one of the original NTSC wii models with BootMii installed. I used to have a NAND backup but i deleted it a while back and I forgot to make a new backup. Today I decided to format my Wii through the system options and now it tells me "The system files are corrupted".

I still get the BootMii menu at startup. Homebrew channel does not work anymore. My only guess is that I need to somehow make a new NAND for my Wii and let BootMii install it.

Can anyone help me with this? ...or did I just kill my beloved Wii?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I strongly suggest simply using ModMii's built-in downloader, getting the system files necessary for your Wii and installing them natively. If all else fails, follow wiisixtyfour's advice. Of course, create a backup of the current state - things might get better, but they might get worse too.

You have BootMii - you're *relatively* safe.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
You could probably just reinstall the System Menu but if that doesn't work,
you could get a NAND backup from your Wii right now (so you can have the keys) and create a clean NAND using Ohneschwanzenegger [http://wiisixtyfour.webs.com/], then restore the fresh NAND.
Out of all suggestions, this is really the best one since i will fix your issue and you have nothing to spare. Do this.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could get a NAND backup from your Wii right now (so you can have the keys) and create a clean NAND using Ohneschwanzenegger [http://wiisixtyfour.webs.com/], then restore the fresh NAND.
Out of all suggestions, this is really the best one since i will fix your issue and you have nothing to spare. Do this.
If you check out my mediafire link from my sig I have all of JoostinOnline Recovery Disc that may be able to help; ask him how they work I just know they can help recover by performing necessary updates ;)

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Just curious, is there any danger of accidentally creating a NAND with this that would NOT have BootMii and thereby overwriting his Boot2 BootMii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission