I might get a dog after Zelda, what kind of breed do you recommand me?

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So yea, I'm moving with my mom in a condominium next June (not July, I know it's weird)
Apparently, dogs are allowed
I need a calm dog, not too excited, but that will make me go outside about once or twice a day
A small dog I guess (It's a 4½ after all)
I don't mind cross-breed, actually, I'd prefer cross-breed :)
I said small dog, but if you know some breed of big dog that is relatively calm for an appartment, tell me :)

So yea, if you have any idea, or pics, please post them here :)

BTW, I'd like name too
Based on Nintendo's character if possible
for both male and female (But not Zelda please)
I was thinking, Link for a male, Sheik for a female
what do you think? :)

Last edited by Noctosphere,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So yea, I'm moving with my mom in a condominium next June (not July, I know it's weird)

Why would it be weird?? Do Canadians only move in July? If so then only moving in July is weird people here in Scotland move home at any time of the year.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why would it be weird?? Do Canadians only move in July? If so then only moving in July is weird people here in Scotland move home at any time of the year.
Actually, it's like 75% of moving in Quebec that are made on July 1st (Canada day)
it's mainly because appartment contract are renewed on that date, almost everywhere in Quebec
And usually, if your contract begins before or after
it will be adjusted to be renewed next time on July 1st ;)
That's how it works in Quebec :P

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I wouldn't have a dog in an apartment. It will smell, especially in a small area, and you'll have to take it for walks all the time! The vet bills are also larger than cat vet bills, not even taking into account the fact it is more likely to get injured or ill (it could get away from you on a walk and get hit by a car, or eat something bad while out walking, or get in a fight). If you leave it alone, it will probably bark and annoy your neighbours (maybe leading to you getting evicted). If you forget to walk it and it pees in the house, you'll probably lose your rental bond since it will stain. You'll also lose your bond if it chews on any part of the apartment which is very likely to happen. You should try volunteering (or asking for money for) walking dogs in the neighbourhood, or at the local shelter. It might satisfy your dog urge on its own, and maybe earn you some pocket money.

Edit: If you have to get a dog, I guess I would recommend a corgi. Though they are smellier than other breeds, they are lazier (I remember having to drag my grandmother's corgi, Duchess, along when I wanted to go for a walk, since she was so lazy). So it might mean you don't need to walk them as much (though you'll still have to take it to do its business several times a day).

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You Québécois are a strange bunch. First of all you have yearly contracts for house's (here if you rent a house it's yours for as long as you want it). Secondly only moving on first July is very very bizarre lol

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You Québécois are a strange bunch. First of all you have yearly contracts for house's (here if you rent a house it's yours for as long as you want it). Secondly only moving on first July is very very bizarre lol
I never said houses lol?
I was talking about appartment contract (not even condominium, really appartment)

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I never said houses lol?
I was talking about appartment contract (not even condominium, really appartment)
Here in Scotland House refers to anywhere you live in so apartment and condos and flats and bungalow ect are all called houses.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wouldn't have a dog in an apartment. It will smell, especially in a small area, and you'll have to take it for walks all the time! The vet bills are also larger than cat vet bills, not even taking into account the fact it is more likely to get injured or ill (it could get away from you on a walk and get hit by a car, or eat something bad while out walking, or get in a fight). If you leave it alone, it will probably bark and annoy your neighbours (maybe leading to you getting evicted). If you forget to walk it and it pees in the house, you'll probably lose your rental bond since it will stain. You'll also lose your bond if it chews on any part of the apartment which is very likely to happen. You should try volunteering (or asking for money for) walking dogs in the neighbourhood, or at the local shelter. It might satisfy your dog urge on its own, and maybe earn you some pocket money.

Edit: If you have to get a dog, I guess I would recommend a corgi. Though they are smellier than other breeds, they are lazier (I remember having to drag my grandmother's corgi, Duchess, along when I wanted to go for a walk, since she was so lazy). So it might mean you don't need to walk them as much (though you'll still have to take it to do its business several times a day).
as for barking, it's very well isolated in those condominium
neighbour will only barely hear it in the hallway (thats what my mom said, she heard a small barking in the hallway)
As for walking it, it's the point, I don't go outside a lot
so it will make me go outside :)
As for vet bills, it will be basic vaccine and sterelization
after that, mom got very clear, if the bills is way too high, it will be killed :(

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
As for walking it, it's the point, I don't go outside a lot
so it will make me go outside :)
For this, you can volunteer to walk your neighbours' dogs (or those of a local shelter) or offer it as a paid service. If you get an animal, it shouldn't be with the view for what it can do for you. You should be committing to the pet for its whole life, whatever it may need. What if you decide you don't like going out anymore? Will the dog just get abandoned?

And you definitely shouldn't get an animal if you aren't prepared for medical expenses for it! That's awful. Please don't get a dog. When you are independent (moved out and with a job) and are willing to fully commit to it whatever it might cost you, that's when you should get one.

Edit: Also, what happened to Zelda? I thought you loved that cat. You'll be making her life miserable by bringing a dog into the household.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am pretty sure you have leases there too.
Leases are pretty much only used for buildings used by businesses and holiday homes. For houses (like I said previously houses here are any building you can stay in) we have tenancy agreements which basically is a set of rules the person renting must follow and as long as you comply and pay your rent the agreement is for as long as you want.

grey72

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Leases are pretty much only used for buildings used by businesses and holiday homes. For houses (like I said previously houses here are any building you can stay in) we have tenancy agreements which basically is a set of rules the person renting must follow and as long as you comply and pay your rent the agreement is for as long as you want.
God damn you Europe people have it good. In most of Asia, the landlord is god. If you're unmarried, get ready for hell. If you're single, good freaking luck finding a place. Step outta line/stand out and you're on a ride to getting evicted. I am NOT looking forward to getting my own place in the city.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
latest

Bunson, the hot dog.

You won't.

And if you actually don't:
nintendogs.jpg

The rarest breed, assniffer.