Osaka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was soldering the wiikey on, and on one of the pads it looks like there isnt any solder there anymore. I was then preparing to solder onto the legs of the chip when I read people saying "i pulled the solder and the copper pad up." if I didnt notice any kind of copper pad being removed, do you think I can fix that solder pad?

also, if I cant fix it, does anyone have a page that talks about the best way to go about soldering onto the legs? like how to prepare everything.

thanks

Osaka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well, I did it! and now im sure its installed ok. but now I have another question. when I put the setup dvd disk in, it makes a weird sound. and then after a while it says that it cant load the disk (or it gives me an error and tells me to restart my wii.) is this sound normal? or is something wrong (also, Ill add that im not sure if my setup disk was burned right.)

PS, normal games work fine.

thanks

Osaka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am going to try burning a new disk in a bit. (after burning the disk, if I try to read in it the dvd drive of the computer, what should it do? im also talking about right clicking it and pushing explore)

Foxstar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
like Heran said, first check if it can read backups because a wii will play original games even if the modchip is not installed correctly.

EDIT: That is if by normal game you mean original.

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I've got the same error - the WiiKey was soldered by a pro who have chipped loads of Wiis but for some reason, mine refuses to work :/ Originals are good but I can't get even the Setup Disc to run...

Osaka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have won at soldering the mod chip in the wii XD (the problem I had was a bad disk. it booted the setup disk just fin now. now im trying to figure out how to get the snes emulator that came with the setup thing to work x.x; it says to go into cmd and run an exe that im suposed to put in the c/snes folder, but there is no exe in the archive.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.