I lost my cfw ?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by robertorpg94, Apr 3, 2016.

1. robertorpg94
    OP

robertorpg94 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 21, 2015
    Brazil
    I installed xmbpd in my CFW 4.78 FERROX my ps3 .

After that my ps3 came into recovery mode , and the more I tried to leave, he always returned to the recovery .

no solution , followed the steps of recovery , however when I noticed my ps3 had returned to fimware OFW 3.70

now I have a doubt , if I want to have a CFW novametne will have to downgrade to 3.55 again ? if so, the only way to downgrade is still the e3 flasher ? or is there another way ?

thanks for listening. =)

2. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    IF it really is on 3.70 then you do need to downgrade it again with an E3.
    You could try n put the latest Rebug REX firmware on a USB drive (in PS3/UPDATE and call it PS3UPDAT.PUP) but if that doesn't work, downgrading is your only option.

3. DeViL303

DeViL303 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2016
    Hi, I created XMBPD, Do you know this was never designed for Ferrox 4.78, you must have Ignored the warnings written in RED in the installer? and you ignored the package name "XMBPD_v0.20.00_Rebug_4.78_Only.pkg" ? Did you not see the instructions about CFW tools having to be enabled when installing?

This would have caused a soft brick on Ferrox and you would have had to reinstall ferrox CFW to fix it, very simple, but you must have had a disk in the drive (or mounted) with 3.70 OFW on it. This is a fairly simple 11MB XMB mod, There is no way this could possibly downgrade your PS3 to 3.70 OFW.

DinohScene likes this.
  4. Metalomeus

Metalomeus Member

Newcomer
    Feb 29, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I installed XMBPD on my REBUG PS3 and no problems with it. The Installer CLEARLY states that XMBPD is only for REBUG 4.78 with cfw settings on and cobra enabled. SO THIS IS A USER ERROR !!!

DeViL303 likes this.