I like these sorts of (mini-)games

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I really like the games where you're the leader of a gang/guild/whatever, and you're able to recruit people for your gang. Those people are then sent on missions by you to gain XP, and maybe to gain certain specialities. I also like it a lot when it's possible to change their outfits, so they really look like on of you.
Here are some of the games I've encountered this, mostly as a minigame:
  • The Godfather 2, probably the most complete of the lot
  • Assassins Creed Brotherhood
  • GTA San Andreas with the turf wars and drive by
Are there any other games with this mechanic? Could be any, real game, Facebook game, App, ....

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
My initial thought was Assassin's Creed, but you've already play that. :P

I guess the Football Manager games are like that, just not quite as interesting.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.

The whole Outer Ops section is basically ripped directly from Assassin's Creed. Like they're similar to the point where I'm thinking they were sharing ideas with all of Peace Walker's references and stuff to AC (like the "leap of faith" and stuff).

Basically you assemble different teams from the people (and if you're good, vehicles) and send them on different missions of varying difficulty. Then they return, each person gets some experience type of stuff and you'll get some supplies or something.

If you liked Brotherhood's thing then you'll enjoy Peace Walker's equally.

Get the Xbox 360/PS3 HD Collection if you can or I guess getting Peace Walker off the PSP store and playing it on the Vita works too (you'll need a PS3 to transfer the game though, it's not officially supported yet).

Reactions: Satangel

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I can't but think of "Gangsters: Organized Crime". It's an older game that's somewhat between RTS and pure simulation. Hooligans is somewhat from the same time area, though more of an RTS. And probably only fun if you like soccer/football.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: hi @Xdqwerty +1