I just got the Gulikit KK3 Pro. It’s so rad.

slaphappygamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got this Gulikit KK3 Pro and it feels awesome. I won it in a raffle held by @AKNES . I was previously using the MobaPad HD. The KK3 Pro is way better. Save up for it. It’s well worth it.

View attachment 440905

The MobaPad HD has clicky buttons. It feels light. Battery life is good though.

I haven’t tested the battery life of the KK3 Pro. It might be similar. The KK3 Pro feels heavy. Like a good-quality-controller heavy. The buttons are quiet. I can late-night-game without it sounding like I’m tap dancing. I haven’t tried the back buttons, there are 4. I also haven’t tried the pc dongle. I used the controller on my pc with Bluetooth only. No lag. Mario kart on the Cemu was killer. I’m going to try it out on my switch for some TOTK. I haven’t tried all the other programmable features, but the feel of the controller is what I’m most impressed with. This is my new top controller now.

I’ve played quite a bit now and really love the KK3 Pro. Mario kart and TOTK are what I’m stuck on now. This controller is very responsive, more so than the MobaPad HD. The MobaPad seems to have some delay. I’ve used the app and seems like I have current firmware for the controller.

slaphappygamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True, the controller only came with 2 “paddles”, but does have 4 slots. I was pleasantly surprised when I noticed the “paddles” were metal. You can 3D print different styles of “paddles” to use. Im sure you can find them elsewhere as well.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've started to notice that my LB has gotten a little mushy, rebound it to one of the back pedals and gotten a little mushy as well.
I must say I have using it extensively, overall a really good controller tho!

Reactions: linuxares

slaphappygamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you update after a year as well? My KK2 have started to die.
Yes!
Post automatically merged:

I've started to notice that my LB has gotten a little mushy, rebound it to one of the back pedals and gotten a little mushy as well.
I must say I have using it extensively, overall a really good controller tho!
Oh. I saw that. On your KK2. Hopefully, the KK3 Pro doesn’t have that issue.

AKNES

Trophies
XP
Country
China
KK3PRO also has the initial version and the second version (hardware). We have confirmed that the second version is fine. The giveaway and testers are all the second version.
The ones sent to AKNES Amazon are the new hardware versions, and they will arrive at the Amazon warehouse soon (within 1 week)

slaphappygamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found the accessory kit.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtbWpiQ

I really like the Dpad feature to toggle the input from 8way to 4way. Normally, it's 8 directions. Having that made some trouble, for me. In ToTK, I would be choosing inventory and the cursor was erratic and hard to select the proper item. Setting the Dpad to 4 way input fixed that issue. It feels like having 8 way input enabled could give too many inputs too frequently. It's great that you can choose.

1718082187546.png

Last edited by slaphappygamer,
  • Love
Reactions: AKNES

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
True, the controller only came with 2 “paddles”, but does have 4 slots. I was pleasantly surprised when I noticed the “paddles” were metal. You can 3D print different styles of “paddles” to use. Im sure you can find them elsewhere as well.
I found inserting or removing the paddles to require quite a lot of force, 3D printed pedals would most likely snap off in the process of insertion or removal.

Reactions: Blythe93

Jaxom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can you update after a year as well? My KK2 have started to die.
Really? How does it manifest?

I own a KK2 and use it very regularly. I just changed the switches with the ones newly released, other than that it is still running well.

Back to the main topic, I bought a KK3 Pro for my wife so we can play Monster Hunter World together and I was really delighted by the upgrades they performed on some details (LEDs, optional back triggers, change in buttons behaviour and patterns for the device changes and pairing).

slaphappygamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found inserting or removing the paddles to require quite a lot of force, 3D printed pedals would most likely snap off in the process of insertion or removal.
That was my thought too. One persons mentioned printing them vertically, rather than horizontally, would be stronger. I don’t know though, I’ve never printed a 3D thing before.

I've got a KK3 & I never mentioned this before to my knowledge...
Oh dang, I must’ve got you mixed with someone else.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That was my thought too. One persons mentioned printing them vertically, rather than horizontally, would be stronger. I don’t know though, I’ve never printed a 3D thing before.

Oh dang, I must’ve got you mixed with someone else.

Probably lmao, memory isn't what it used to be.
I must say, it's not game breaking, just a little mushy, registers the input fine still.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just had the left analog stick, well, stick in the upper right position. Upon further inspection, there was some smudge that held the stick in that position. I cleaned the base of the stick and all rotates freely. I’ve been going at it with hours long TOTK sessions and the controller has been excellent.

• Love
Reactions: AKNES

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just had the left analog stick, well, stick in the upper right position. Upon further inspection, there was some smudge that held the stick in that position. I cleaned the base of the stick and all rotates freely. I’ve been going at it with hours long TOTK sessions and the controller has been excellent.
Was it like a black mark on the ring around the stick? I had something similar happen after ~25 hours of use. I struggled to point to something that would've caused it since it doesn't look like any kind of black material comes into contact with the ring.

slaphappygamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. There was no color. It seemed to be “adhesive-like”. It smudged when I spread it. It wasn’t a booger. I was able to remove it easily and no longer an issue. I removed the analog sticks (they just pull off) and got a qtip and cleaned the affected area around the base.

Reactions: AKNES and Scarlet

slaphappygamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found the accessory kit.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtbWpiQ

I really like the Dpad feature to toggle the input from 8way to 4way. Normally, it's 8 directions. Having that made some trouble, for me. In ToTK, I would be choosing inventory and the cursor was erratic and hard to select the proper item. Setting the Dpad to 4 way input fixed that issue. It feels like having 8 way input enabled could give too many inputs too frequently. It's great that you can choose.

View attachment 441695
So, there is a sale on the accessory kit. It’s 29% off. That’s like $15USD off. Good deal!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/nRspgWaF_K0?si=SKZ48aRDQyB7vpRH