I hope the NX let you play ANY Virtual Console game

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by 03bgood, Jul 20, 2016.

1. 03bgood
    OP

03bgood Banned

Banned
    Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Paris, Illinois
    This means any VC games released on the 3DS or Wii U; Rather it be NES, SNES, N64, Wii, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, GEN, GG, or TG-16, as well as new ones like GCN and Dreamcast and the return of NeoGeo, Master System, Commodore 64, and Arcade games as well. Does anyone think the NX will allow you to have over 500+ VC games on the go?

Last edited by 03bgood, Jul 20, 2016
  2. ut2k4master

ut2k4master Lord Tourettes

Feb 20, 2010
    Germany
    might as well wish for a million dollars too

3. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    That would make the NX the best game console out there, if they managed to add nearly every well known game from the start.

But, no. Nintendo wouldn't try to do such a thing, with licenses issues and everything. They prefer to release worse VC each generation. Wii was the best so far! Wii U's is meh, and NX will be, well, you now, only Mario games in VC. I'm seeing it coming.

It's not being pessimistic, it's being realistic. I, too, had dreams like those you talk about, but no more.

4. 03bgood
    OP

03bgood Banned

Banned
    Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Paris, Illinois
    Not counting duplicates, I have 519 VC games, consisting of; NES, SNES, N64, Wii, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, Sega Master System, Sega Genesis, Game Gear, TG-16, NeoGeo, Commodore 64, and Arcade games. Too bad, they won't add Atari 2600/5200/7800 and ZX Spectrum games, those are obscure, especially the ZXS ones.

5. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    And you're counting Wii VC in there. Please remove those from that count. You get hardly 200 only on Wii U (exclude 3DS too).

6. 03bgood
    OP

03bgood Banned

Banned
    Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Paris, Illinois
    Are 3D Classics counted, too? Yes, but I only included them, not because they aren't VC games but because they run off hardware emulation.

So what; GB, GBC, and GG aren't VC games? Huh!?

7. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    I guess you're missing my point. Wii U has far less VC than the Wii had by this year of its lifespan. At 3 and a half years, the Wii VC was still alive, and good in releases.

8. 03bgood
    OP

03bgood Banned

Banned
    Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Paris, Illinois
    Right now, there's 224 VC games (Although DKCR isn't publicly available, yet) vs. the Wii's 398 games (more, if you count the delisted ones), so you're right. I can't believe Nintendo can't go back to releasing 2-3 games a week. Well they kinda have, lately. But it took them 3 damn years!

Olmectron likes this.
  9. cooroxd

cooroxd Dirty Pirate

Banned
    Aug 30, 2014
    Canada
    B.C.
    I rather hope the NX gets hacked on launch ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*:

I pwned U!, Bubsy Bobcat and 03bgood like this.
  10. 03bgood
    OP

03bgood Banned

Banned
    Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Paris, Illinois
    And the region lock is removed!

11. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    What if it doesn't come with region lock this time?

12. 03bgood
    OP

03bgood Banned

Banned
    Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Paris, Illinois
    I hope so. I want to download VC titles that never reached the states like Devil World (NES) and Mario's Super Picross (SNES) and I'd love to try Trip World (GB) as well.

Would removing the region lock, help them release VC games to both NA and EU at the same time? Or will it just be like with the Wii, 3DS, and Wii U, where NA has to wait like anywhere from 2 months to 1 1/2 years, just to get some 20-something old game.

Keep in mind, we're still missing these games:

NES
    Kung-Fu Heroes
    Flying Warriors
    Little Ninja Brothers

SNES
    N/A

N64
    Mario Kart 64
    Mario Party 2
    Star Fox 64
    The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
    Wave Race 64

GBA
    Mario Vs. Donkey Kong

DS
    Super Mario 64 DS
    Mario Vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of The Minis
    Mario Hoops 3-on-3
    The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
    Pokemon Ranger
    Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs
    Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
    Kirby: Canvas Curse
    Kirby: Mass Attack
    Animal Crossing: Wild World
    Advance Wars: Dual Strike
    Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon

Wii
    New Super Mario Bros. Wii
    Mario Strikers Charged
    Mario Sports Mix
    Wario Land: Shake It!
    Donkey Kong Country Returns (Was availbe from My Nintendo, until July 1)
    Kirby's Epic Yarn
    Metroid: Other M (Yes, everyone hates this game)

13. CeeDee

CeeDee hm?~

May 4, 2014
    United States
    somewhere
    I'm going to say right now, with the games Nintendo puts out right now on VC, most of it is fine.
    I don't care for too many third-party games, and the ones that I do love are either available easily somewhere else (eg Perfect Dark on Xbox), can be run via an emulator, or able to be injected into Nintendo's VC. Most stuff that's not on VC already is not very feasible to put on VC anyways (Pokemon main series titles, licensed games, etc)

Not to say it isn't crap though - images stretched to 4:3 with a dark filter, with no SuperFX, Wii but not GameCube, no Genesis, and leaving options that do nothing (DS multiplayer/online - they could've connected to DS systems or patched the Internet to run off Nintendo Network, or at least removed the options)

14. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    It would help only physical releases. Region issues about localization, ratings and those things will still be there for both physical and digital games.

15. Bubsy Bobcat

Bubsy Bobcat sipp

Jul 8, 2015
    Zimbabwe
    Oh boy can't wait to rebuy old games again that I already bought as vc games.

16. 03bgood
    OP

03bgood Banned

Banned
    Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Paris, Illinois
    I didn't even except to get TG-16 games bought via Wii Mode for only $3-4, instead of the usual $6-8.

Also, were behind Japan, which has like 30+ TG-16 games, jeez!

I bet only NES, SNES, N64, Wii, GB, GBC, GBA, and DS games will get discounted, anywhere from like $1-5. The rest we'll have to rebuy at full price, ugh!

17. I pwned U!

I pwned U! GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    I pwned U! is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2013
    United States
    It would be nice to have a complete virtual console collection, but unfortunately, it will never happen.

Also, I think that there are better subforums for NX discussion than a 3DS one.
    Perhaps some of the people who have made big profits from Nintendo stock recently could be persuaded to pitch in for decapping the NX at launch.;)

Last edited by I pwned U!, Jul 20, 2016
    The Cringe likes this.
  18. 03bgood
    OP

03bgood Banned

Banned
    Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Paris, Illinois
    I dunno, but if they're making us rebuy the same VC games, for the 100th time; this should be the discount prices

NES: $0.50
    SNES: $1.00
    N64: $1.50
    GB: $1.00-2.00
    GBC: $2.00-3.00
    GBA: $4.00-5.00
    DS: $5.00-6.00
    Wii: $8.00

19. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Psychosystem Denomination
    I thought this thread was going to say "I hope the NX can play ANY VC game", ie: You hope it would play any VC game because you think they wouldn't put it in their, well of course. But it would be cheaper emulating them on computer and hooking it up to TV. I don't get what people see in buying VC games lmao