Homebrew I have few questions about Moonshell 2 if someone could please help

Saf1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the interface. It's nice and definitely easier to use than than version 1. I just had a few questions though. I use my DS as an mp3 player primarily so many of these questions may be geared towards that.

1.) Is there any way to skip through a particular track without forwarding through it? In the other moonshell it was possible to use the stylus and skip to a particular point in an audio file.

2.) Is there a way to stop songs? I don't mean just pause, I mean actually stop the song as in to get rid of the Black ID3 tag box on the top screen.

3.) "Random" ie "Shuffle tracks" doesn't work with Moonshell? If I let a song end and it's set to Random it goes to a random song, but if I press the buttons for Next Track it simply goes to the next track in order. Am I doing something wrong?

4.) What are splash animations?

5.) *edit*

6.) In the Version 1 when the DS was closed it was possible to change tracks by holding L then clicking R, and the opposite combination was pause the song. In this version both combinations pause the song. Is there a way to change tracks when the DS is closed?

7.) Is there a difference between "L + A/B" and "L/R Double-Tap"?

8.) I set an image as my wallpaper by viewing it and pressing start. I then decided to try out a skin but it isn't working and the previous image is still there. I went to the file that ended with .skn pressed A but nothing happened. Am I doing something wrong?

9.) Is there any way to change the screensaver?

10.) What are the "Wallpaper" packs in the sticky topic? I thought there were only skins.

Thanks to any help. I really appreciate it. Also if it helps i'm running a Supercard One SDHC on a DS Lite.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The answer to pretty much all of your questions is already inside moonshell. Press and hold L or R and it'll give you a list of things you can do with either one. You just need to press B to stop a song. Pretty simple...dunno about the clock though. It works fine for me.

Saf1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Da-Bomb1 said:
Press and hold L or R and it'll give you a list of things you can do with either one. You just need to press B to stop a song.

Actually neither of these work, and the clock thing was my fault. I took out the battery a while ago and forgot to reset the time. As it stands though answers to these would really be appreciated.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Saf1 said:
Da-Bomb1 said:
Press and hold L or R and it'll give you a list of things you can do with either one. You just need to press B to stop a song.

Actually neither of these work, and the clock thing was my fault. I took out the battery a while ago and forgot to reset the time. As it stands though answers to these would really be appreciated.
Try updating to the lastest version...it's at 2.03 right now. Moonshell should have a little guide on the top screen that shows what the different buttons do.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
You do know there is a FAQ on Moonshell 2. It's a sticky. The controls are all shown. Info on splash animations are there I think.

To change the screen saver, change the skin. Using a skin changes the default wallpaper.

It's a sticky so just go there.

Airth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saf1 said:
1.) Is there any way to skip through a particular track without forwarding through it?
2.) Is there a way to stop songs?
3.) "Random" ie "Shuffle tracks" doesn't work with Moonshell?
6.) Is there a way to change tracks when the DS is closed?
8.) I set an image as my wallpaper by viewing it and pressing start. I then decided to try out a skin but it isn't working and the previous image is still there.
10.) What are the "Wallpaper" packs in the sticky topic? I thought there were only skins.

1.) Afraid not. This is the thing I miss the most.
2.) Use the B button.
3.) Don't know that there is any fix for this.
4.) It's what you see on the top screen when Moonshell boots.
6.) Don't think so, unfortunately.
7.) Doesn't seem to be.
8.) What skin are you using? Have you tried any others? Perhaps the skin was made for the Beta version. Also, have you tried reseting the wallpaper from the Start menu?
9.) The screensaver setup screen appears when the screensaver comes up. You can select the top or bottom image as the screensaver.
10.) As you said in #8 you can select your wallpaper. So I'd imagine (haven't looked) that the packs are just collections of images you can choose to set as you've already done.

Hope that helps a little...

Saf1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Airth said:
Saf1 said:
1.) Is there any way to skip through a particular track without forwarding through it?
2.) Is there a way to stop songs?
3.) "Random" ie "Shuffle tracks" doesn't work with Moonshell?
6.) Is there a way to change tracks when the DS is closed?
8.) I set an image as my wallpaper by viewing it and pressing start. I then decided to try out a skin but it isn't working and the previous image is still there.

1.) Afraid not. This is the thing I miss the most.
2.) Use the B button.
3.) Don't know that there is any fix for this.
4.) It's what you see on the top screen when Moonshell boots.
6.) Don't think so, unfortunately.
7.) Doesn't seem to be.
8.) What skin are you using? Have you tried any others? Perhaps the skin was made for the Beta version. Also, have you tried reseting the wallpaper from the Start menu?
9.) The screensaver setup screen appears when the screensaver comes up. You can select the top or bottom image as the screensaver.
10.) As you said in #8 you can select your wallpaper. So I'd imagine (haven't looked) that the packs are just collections of images you can choose to set as you've already done.

Hope that helps a little...

Thanks. This helped tons. I'm surprised Moonshell 2 doesn't allow for changing tracks while closed. That was such a great thing imo.

This new update of Moonshell 2 is incredible. It runs much smoother and it looks like they fixed the shuffle problem. If only I could get Bliss' multiloader to work
frown.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe you have to change a setting to allow the L+R buttons to be usable when the DS is closed. Hit Start, select "GUI/Audio Settings", and set the "L/R key use limitation" setting to "Always ON"

Then use the same button combinations to control it (tap both in any order to pause, double-tap R for next or L for previous, double-tap and hold R to seek forwards or L to seek backwards)

Sarvesh50

Aye!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DanTheManMS said:
I believe you have to change a setting to allow the L+R buttons to be usable when the DS is closed. Hit Start, select "GUI/Audio Settings", and set the "L/R key use limitation" setting to "Always ON"

Then use the same button combinations to control it (tap both in any order to pause, double-tap R for next or L for previous, double-tap and hold R to seek forwards or L to seek backwards)
True only my l shoulder button is dead
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o