Hacking I have been away for 6 months....help!

MickeyFinn6999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I have nto downloaded a rom for over 6 months so I am tottally clueluess as to what updates/software changes etc have taken place in this time.

My usual rom site I used to use seems to be down, so I tried another. All I get is white screens when i try to run roms.

My hardware is a ds lite with supercard lite (rumble).

Why can I no longer get roms to work? I updated the software from the supercard site ut I could not run the firmware update for some reason.

Has there been any major changes in the last 6 months or so I have missed?

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not anything major. R4 is still the most popular card

EDIT: In regards to everything not working, some games require a procedure called the ARM7 fix, though it shouldn't affect all games

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can't run the Supercard firmware update, then you're using the wrong update file. You need an "ugprade.scu" file that you put on the root of your card to upgrade, since the Rumble series cannot launch *.bin files. Once you upgrade both your firmware and your patcher software, repatch your games and you should be able to get most of them to work.

MickeyFinn6999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you can't run the Supercard firmware update, then you're using the wrong update file. You need an "ugprade.scu" file that you put on the root of your card to upgrade, since the Rumble series cannot launch *.bin files. Once you upgrade both your firmware and your patcher software, repatch your games and you should be able to get most of them to work.

Thanks for the help guys. I was trying to use the wrong update file :-/

Can I just check that I did the right thing with the update file? I put it on the root wnd when I swtiched the ds on it automatically asked me if I wanted to run the update file.

I selected yes, but everythike I restarted the ds, it would ask me to update the firmware so I removed the update from the card. Was this the correct thing to do or do i have to leave the updtae file om the card somehow?

BTW - I tried repatching the games, but I am still not getting any luck......just white screens

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was the right thing to do, yes. Hold L+R upon bootup and press A a few times to ensure you're at the right firmware version.

And you're using the correct patcher program, right? Rumbles use different patching software as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/7bH4YgV.mp4