Hacking I have a question, how can I break a wii?

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
big change that it will be replaced with a new one for free as it is still under warrenty... so go for it
smile.gif

zouzzz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
noobwarrior7 said:
Arm the Homeless said:
If you want to brick your Wii, use AnyTitle Deleter ....

wrong, almost impossible because it has built in brick protection, but yes, title uninstaller would work
No. AnyTitle Deleter AND Title Uninistaller can't bricked the Wii...

If someone can give a .wad, .dol or .elf which full-brick the Wii... thanks in advance.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zouzzz said:
noobwarrior7 said:
Arm the Homeless said:
If you want to brick your Wii, use AnyTitle Deleter ....

wrong, almost impossible because it has built in brick protection, but yes, title uninstaller would work
No. AnyTitle Deleter AND Title Uninistaller can't bricked the Wii...

If someone can give a .wad, .dol or .elf which full-brick the Wii... thanks in advance.

yep, double checked, youre right, there is no uninstaller/deleter that will allow you to brick your wii at all
no way to remove vital IOS/sysmenu without knowing how to do the syscalls yourself.

however, an Opera brick on a 3.3 without twilight hack installed is the one true full brick at this moment.
so, basically, don't change region if you don't know what you're doing, and don't format your wii unless you change back

no one should really format their wii anyways.

to corrupt a NAND, not that we want too, couldnt you just open the wii up and rub a magnet all over the chip?

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
yep, double checked, youre right, there is no uninstaller/deleter that will allow you to brick your wii at all
no way to remove vital IOS/sysmenu without knowing how to do the syscalls yourself.
The source is available. Remove the brick protection, build and delete.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm the Homeless said:
noobwarrior7 said:
The source is available. Remove the brick protection, build and delete.

ahh good thinking
somebody try it.

just kiddin.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Just send it in to nintendo without doing anything to it. Tell the parents it just stopped loading when you turn it on and you don't know why. ninty won't scrutinize the hard drive contents while repairing it.

ZarathustraX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tichinde925 said:
If you just want it to seem like its not your fault, open up the Wii and try and tighten as hard as you can all the screws on the DVD drive. Put lots of pressure on the DVD drive itself. You can attempt to stand on it, but if it cracks, they would know something is up. Bend the ribbon cable that connects to the DVD drive. That ribbon is delicate, it wont snap, but discs wont be able to be read if its badly damaged from bending.

Then just say that for some reason, it will no longer read discs.

P.S.

You could always unplug the fan, and then leave either Metroid Prime, Super Mario Galaxy, or Resident Evil 4 running. That would sure heat things up a bit.

Afterwards, just replug the fan in.

Or just remove the heatsink, and then play with that. Then put it back on.

Etc...

One of the above ideas will surely pass as "accidental" or "hardware failure".

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude, not cool, someone remove that now.

malicious software is a major no-no.

if you don't, my guess is someone gets pranked with that by the end of the day.

nash79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lime_slusho said:
I'm trying to physically break my wii beyond repair. I don't care if I have to pay. I want to break it so I can send it into Nintendo, and not worry about Nintendo finding my vc injecctions. Any way could help even
hate2.gif

Seriously, with no offense, that's the wierdest post I ever read in my life. Why break it, just give it away to someone. This post is so strange that it makes me think I no longer know how to read. Shall I give u my address so u send it to me
smile.gif
I can pay postage fees ;
Man, banner bricked WIIs can be fixed as far as I remember (read about it somewhere). Even Nintendo fixes them, and mosts people say that They dont even peep at what's installed on the NAND.
Just relax, and take it easy, the scene is moving so fast that soon ull find a solution to your problem without even having to send it to nintendo. (hopefully)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1