PS1/2 I have a ps1 that plays burned games. Does that mean it'll play legit import games?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can play any region without problem.
You have a modchip, or doing the swap trick?
If you don't have a modchip, you'll need to do the swap trick to play legit import games too!
If you do swap trick, be sure to do the correct one which doesn't read the disc TOC (table of content, checks disc track count) from the donor disc or you'll miss additional audio tracks in some games.

when playing NTSC games on a PAL PS1, you needed a (good) RGB Scart cable, not a composite nor fake composite to RGB connector. I guess it's the same from USA console playing out of region games.
If you play PAL games, you might have at worse unsynch flashing colors, or at best black and white pictures, unless you use proper video cable.

Last edited by Cyan,

White_Winged_Darkness

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, cool. I'm pretty new to this so I wasn't sure. I have a modchip. I've never tried the disc swap trick.

I know some games like Dino Crisis have copy protection and do not play if modchips are detected. Does the disc swap bypass that?

Also, thank you for the information you've given me. It's been really helpful. :)

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, cool. I'm pretty new to this so I wasn't sure. I have a modchip. I've never tried the disc swap trick.

I know some games like Dino Crisis have copy protection and do not play if modchips are detected. Does the disc swap bypass that?

Also, thank you for the information you've given me. It's been really helpful. :)
you can patch the iso to bypass modchip detection but I don't know about original disc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: 1st video- That's why I hate ordering stuff online, if I can just go pick it up myself nearby...