Hardware I have a problem with my Joycon Right (fuchsia)

Imancol

Otak Productions
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
The problem is simple, the Joystick does not press the button and in Zelda I can not get the telescope from the Sheika tablet. when pressed it does not feel that the internal piece does some function. Someone knows if the damage is serious, I do not know how these Joystick are composed since apparently they are not the same as the conventional Joystick.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they work exactly like any other joystick with 2 potentiometers (X,Y axis) and one button (press)...

Sadly on ebay I see the joystick replacement is kinda expensive, while I bought a few for my Xbox360 controllers for just a few dollars.

Maybe you could open them and fix the button pad, but looking at pics of them, it seems like they will be a nightmare to open, I have no idea...

Imancol

Otak Productions
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Uncover the Joycon and found that the tablet that moves one of the ejez, also presses the Joystick Button to open the telescope in Zelda BOTW for example. This match, broken, cracked. Try to repair it with Magic Drop, but it will break again. It is a piece of plastic of 1CM and Medium. Do you think there is a spare for this? I do not think it's worth more than 1 dollar.

These Joystick are very different from the conventional ones, they move in rails and the contact pieces are two pads, each one in its lane, against a conductive or Flex card that contains the carbon conductor points (which are sensitive) and the button action

s-l1600.jpg

(The average user would have cost more than 40 dollars to repair XD)

Willsito_GG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The problem I have with mine, is that when I play with both Joycons being separated, sometimes when I press any button, it get ignored, and I have to push it like 4 or 5 times, but at the end, it works.

The point here is that when the joycons are plugged into the Switch, both work correctly. It only happens when it is in tv-docked mode.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in avance,

Best regards

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that's probably Nintendo's fault. Check on Google how to improve antena.

1 joy-con is good and the other has no antenna antenna standing out from the chip, I can't remember which side now...

Willsito_GG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello,

I am still facing this... I realized that in more than 1,5 meters the right joycon starts to lose the accuracy of the button: I can press one button 5 times and the Swich ignores me.

It happens for both the two right joycon that I have...

I will have to call to the warranty, right?

Do you know if the fix is reliable in terms of effectiveness?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards

Eipok

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello,

I am still facing this... I realized that in more than 1,5 meters the right joycon starts to lose the accuracy of the button: I can press one button 5 times and the Swich ignores me.

It happens for both the two right joycon that I have...

I will have to call to the warranty, right?

Do you know if the fix is reliable in terms of effectiveness?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards

Eipok
You can get it replaced under warranty, but the replacement might not be any better. From what I know Nintendo did not design a fix for the right JoyCon as the vast majority of connectivity issues are limited to the left one. They will likely just replace it hoping that yours was a fluke and the replacement will work better (which might be true)

Reactions: Willsito_GG

Willsito_GG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You can get it replaced under warranty, but the replacement might not be any better. From what I know Nintendo did not design a fix for the right JoyCon as the vast majority of connectivity issues are limited to the left one. They will likely just replace it hoping that yours was a fluke and the replacement will work better (which might be true)

Hello The Real Jdbye!

Many thanks for your answer, it gave me the hit I need to just write to Nintendo!

The only just questions is whether I have to deliver both right and left joycons, or with the problematic one should be OK?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello The Real Jdbye!

Many thanks for your answer, it gave me the hit I need to just write to Nintendo!

The only just questions is whether I have to deliver both right and left joycons, or with the problematic one should be OK?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards
Right only should be OK (Nintendo will tell you what to do though), but first of all, do the built in controller test and make sure the left one doesn't have issues with missed button presses and stuttering analog stick input. Test it holding the JoyCons normally in your hands in a relaxed position, there shouldn't be any issues. You should be able to sit at a normal living room distance (~10ft/3m) away from the console and still have it work just fine. You can also test it holding them behind your back, expect a lot of dropped inputs and maybe even the JoyCons losing connection completely when you do that (that's perfectly normal), but it will give you a good comparison point for the before/after, and you can test both JoyCons this way to see how much worse the right one is compared to the left one.
If it turns out the left one has some issues too at around that distance when held normally, might as well send in both.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Willsito_GG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
At the end I have returned the second couple of joycons that I bought separately... Now I am wondering what to do with the ones that came with the Switch....

People in a spanish forum have told that in the spanish technical service, they barely do anything... So I am wondering what to do with it.

Anyway, do someone know if the latest manufactured Joycon work better than the ones manufactured last year? beacuse I really want to have 2 completely functional pairs of joycons....

Thanks in advance,

Best regards

Willsito_GG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have realized that the original red one that came with the Switch, works much better compared to the fuchsia one, bought afterwards...

Do you know if it was something related to a specific month of production or previous design? Maybe the new manufacturing has a better desing and thus, a better connectivity.... Could it be?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have realized that the original red one that came with the Switch, works much better compared to the fuchsia one, bought afterwards...

Do you know if it was something related to a specific month of production or previous design? Maybe the new manufacturing has a better desing and thus, a better connectivity.... Could it be?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards
I have tried three pairs of joycons so long, two produced around release date, one from two months ago.
They all work like shit. They have bad connectivity from 3 meters away, some times ignoring buttons or analog moves.
Yeah, it is an antenna problem. It also gets worse or better depending on how you grab them.

I am waiting for the rumored next revision of joycons to see if they finally improve.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello sarkwalvein,

Thanks for your answer!

Same shit here...

Do you have any information about the rumored next revision of joycons?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards
Only rumors.
I saw a video about some patents being filled with different circuit boards, but no release date estimate sadly.
I hope it's out by Christmas.
I guess someone will disassemble one and make a review when it gets released, so I am waiting for news.

PS: I have two Pro Controllers, and they work perfectly. So I am not that desperate TBH. I can wait, and I won't buy one again just to check if it works.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

Willsito_GG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Only rumors.
I saw a video about some patents being filled with different circuit boards, but no release date estimate sadly.
I hope it's out by Christmas.
I guess someone will disassemble one and make a review when it gets released, so I am waiting for news.

PS: I have two Pro Controllers, and they work perfectly. So I am not that desperate TBH. I can wait, and I won't buy one again just to check if it works.

I see..

The thing is that I use to have a portable bag with 2 pairs of joycon, to have it ready to play 4 people at my friend's.... And I would like to have at least the 2 pair with the same connection power as the pair of joycons that came with the Switch...

I will keep investigating.

Best regards

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up