Hacking I have a couple questions only gurus can answer

Beebz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Just got my modded 3ds and it has 3 new programs on it.

-one is something called NTR and it has a rocket ship, what is the point of it? Should I ever even click on it?

-one is called Homebrew launcher, is that what I click on to download new modded apps?

-One is called Luna3ds and it has one of those yellow stars in Mario Galaxy, I understand it is a CFW so does that mean I should click on it right away every time I turn on my 3ds?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I Just got my modded 3ds and it has 3 new programs on it.

-one is something called NTR and it has a rocket ship, what is the point of it? Should I ever even click on it?

-one is called Homebrew launcher, is that what I click on to download new modded apps?

-One is called Luna3ds and it has one of those yellow stars in Mario Galaxy, I understand it is a CFW so does that mean I should click on it right away every time I turn on my 3ds?
NTR is for game mods, cheats, custom plugins, stuff like that.
HBL is for homebrew (unofficial software)
And the last one is probably a CFW updater. You shouldn't have to run anything to enter CFW.

Reactions: Beebz

Beebz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ohh I see so I am already in the CFW every time I turn on my 3ds? Is NTR and Homebrew apps use for finding that stuff or only for launching it?

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You couldn't even start those tools if you weren't in cfw. The star thingy is starupdater, this can update your Luma directly on 3ds. Ntr works with Plugins, you need to get them around here and on your sd. The homebrew launcher is for everything that comes as .3dsx, and can not be installed directly onto the home menu like .cia files.

Also important would be to have fbi. Do you have that somewhere? Maybe it's also injected in your health and safety app, check that.

Beebz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm he said he installer something called armhaxloader or something like that I will have to check after work, is homebrew launcher used to launch say tikishop or a SNES emulator? And I use the FBI to install the emulator for example as well as ROMs?

AydenTheKilla

Garchomp King
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm he said he installer something called armhaxloader or something like that I will have to check after work, is homebrew launcher used to launch say tikishop or a SNES emulator? And I use the FBI to install the emulator for example as well as ROMs?
Homebrew Launcher is for launching homebrew apps like FBI, JK savemanager, emulators. And other things.

Some homebrew apps can be installed as a cia and will run on the 3ds main menu. Like a real game app ect. Also real games like lets say Pokémon X can be installed as a cia.

And for emulators. Install the emulator. Turn your system off and put your sd card into your computer. You should see a folder with the emulator. Click the folder and inside it will say Roms. Download the roms on your pc and drag them to the rom folder. Insert your sd back into your 3ds and launch said emulator. Now play

Last edited by AydenTheKilla,

Beebz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are the homebrew emulators already in the launcher or should I put the sd card in my computer and download them like I would ROMs? Would I put my sd card in my computer to download Tikishop as well? I only ask because there are already a bunch of things like eshop listed in the homebrew launcher already?

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ohh I see so I am already in the CFW every time I turn on my 3ds? Is NTR and Homebrew apps use for finding that stuff or only for launching it?

FBI Was injected into Health and Safety app.

You have a N3DS, so you should look into VC Injection vs using Emulators / Roms

CFW auto launches ( arm9loaderhax makes this possible / cfw loaded is Luma3ds )

The icon with stars is an updater, it will update arm9loaderhax payload as well as luma3ds.

The icon with an H is homebrew launcher, it's a quick way to access homebrew. Not needed for much other than accessing .3dsx files that don't have CIA install option as mentioned.

NTR, keep it or use it, it's up to you. I just install it as default options to save the end user time if they want to actually use it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

are the homebrew emulators already in the launcher or should I put the sd card in my computer and download them like I would ROMs? Would I put my sd card in my computer to download Tikishop as well? I only ask because there are already a bunch of things like eshop listed in the homebrew launcher already?

tikishop would have to be put on SD card and installed via FBI.

In homebrew launcher, that's just a patch for normal eshop.

AydenTheKilla

Garchomp King
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tikishop?

Yes you can download the emulators from here
https://gbatemp.net/threads/helpful-3ds-homebrew-threads-links-always-updating.400950/

Read the one you want and follow directions to install. or If it has a QR code use FBI to scan it.

The only emulator mine came with was Mgba.

Certian real game cia files you can just install a ticket and download them straight from the eshop. Like Pokémon X.

Good homebrew apps to have:

Ciangel

Freeshop

Jk's save manager

For pokemon:

Phbank

Pchex++

Last edited by AydenTheKilla,

Beebz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so CIAngel is an app similar to freeshop that lets you easily download games?

Is there a guide or archived post that talks about how to do the VC injection on a New 3DS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)