ROM Hack I don't have Windows

WillyCrespo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to make custom .nds roms? I have android and I don't have Windows so I cannot use devkitpro/devkitarm
HELP

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Devkitpro works under Linux and macOS as well. You're not really going to get much done with only an Android device unless you can somehow run a Linux userland on it (I think a few years back it was somewhat popular to run a chroot of Debian or something, but I have no clue if that would support devkitpro, or if it's even widely done anymore), or can perhaps SSH into an actual Linux or Mac machine. There's also the fact that you'll probably have to build the compiler and tools for ARM Linux, which would probably take forever on a phone/tablet, since by default devkitpro is built for x86/x64 (I know there are x86/x64 Android devices, but aren't they still pretty rare?).

Last edited by daxtsu,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
From my personal experience pretty much all tools for the DS can either be compiled on Linux or work just fine through Wine.
Although I don't know much about the tools working on Android.

Last edited by The Catboy,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I guess,but why is coding,so hard?
Because all good things require work.
It's worth mentioning that most of the tools for for hacking DS ROMS were made before wide spread use of Android. Basically they were made specifically for PC because that was the most predominate platform at the time.

WillyCrespo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because all good things require work.
It's worth mentioning that most of the tools for for hacking DS ROMS were made before wide spread use of Android. Basically they were made specifically for PC because that was the most predominate platform at the time.
Thank's guys,wait a sec,the thread should close by now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh