Mr.AMB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritius
hello evreyone, how are you doing?

I just updated my wii from 4.1U to 4.2U, and when I was updating it, I had some trouble installing some of the wads that were recommended to have while updating, but I had a Nand backup, so I continued with my updating.

The updating went smoothly, untill I inserted my New Super Mario Bros disk and the screen became black ( Which I tried before the updating and worked perfectly ).
hate2.gif

when I tried some other games, they asked my for an update ( even some old ones, like mad world ), but a few games worked.
wacko.gif

When I tried to restore my old Nand backup files, a message told me that the files are for a different wii !!!
blink.gif

Nothing happend to my homebrew channel, so if there was any way to fix my wii please tell me ( even downgrading is fine ).

Thank you, and sorry for the trouble ( and my bad english ).

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
did you have cIOSCORP installed?
if so, update the IOS's removed it and thats making the black screen show

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Also... don't downgrade and don't do anything you "think" will help, wait until you "know"

I can't really say anything but make guesses because you've not gave enough info about what wads etc your talking about.

So maybe you should say what wads you were trying to install, which failed, which guide/method you used to upgrade etc.

Mr.AMB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritius
xzxero said:
did you have cIOSCORP installed?
if so, update the IOS's removed it and thats making the black screen show

Yes, I have cIOSCORP v3.3 installed on my wii.

excuse me, but I didn't really understood which IOS I have to Update (I am a noob to these things), could you tell me the name of the IOS ?

Mr.AMB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritius
Slimmmmmm said:
Also... don't downgrade and don't do anything you "think" will help, wait until you "know"

I can't really say anything but make guesses because you've not gave enough info about what wads etc your talking about.

So maybe you should say what wads you were trying to install, which failed, which guide/method you used to upgrade etc.

I was using wad manger v1.1, and the wads that had error insalling were : IOS4-64-v65280, IOS9-64-v778, IOS10-64-v768, IOS11-64-v256, IOS12-64-v269, IOS13-64-v273, IOS14-64-v520, IOS15-64-v523, IOS16-64-v512, IOS17-64-v775, IOS20-64-v256, IOS21-64-v782, IOS22-64-v1037, IOS28-64-v1550, IOS30-64-v2816, IOS31-64-v3349, IOS33-64-v3091, IOS34-64-v3348, IOS35-64-v3349, IOS36-64-v3351, IOS37-64-v3869, IOS38-64-v3867, IOS40-64-v3072, IOS41-64-v3348, IOS43-64-v3348, IOS45-64-v3348, IOS46-64-v3350, IOS50-64-v5120, IOS51-64-v4864, IOS52-64-v5888, IOS53-64-v5406, IOS55-64-v5406, IOS56-64-v5405, IOS57-64-v5661, IOS60-64-v6400 and IOS61-64-v5405.

The one that didnt have any problems were : IOS70-64-v6687 and System Menu-NUS-v482.

The method I used was to upgrade the wii offline by using the NUS downloader.

And thanks for the tip
yaywii.gif

PS: Iam going on a trip this week and will be back by the next tuesday, so please help me so I can fix my wii before
12:00PM GTM

Mr.AMB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritius
DeadlyFoez said:
install the latest bootmii and HBC and then try the nand restore.

I have the latest bootmii and HBC but when I try to restore the backup data it says that the files are from another wii
wacko.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Mr.AMB said:
DeadlyFoez said:

I have the latest bootmii and HBC but when I try to restore the backup data it says that the files are from another wii
wacko.gif
Is the backup made with that newest BootMii version?
Try this, run it in the same folder as your nand.bin and keys.bin which should fix it.

Mr.AMB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritius
tj_cool said:
Mr.AMB said:
DeadlyFoez said:

wacko.gif
Try this, run it in the same folder as your nand.bin and keys.bin which should fix it.

Thanks man, I'll try it out.
yay.gif

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Mr.AMB said:
hello evreyone, how are you doing?

I just updated my wii from 4.1U to 4.2U, and when I was updating it, I had some trouble installing some of the wads that were recommended to have while updating, but I had a Nand backup, so I continued with my updating.

The updating went smoothly, untill I inserted my New Super Mario Bros disk and the screen became black ( Which I tried before the updating and worked perfectly ).
hate2.gif

when I tried some other games, they asked my for an update ( even some old ones, like mad world ), but a few games worked.
wacko.gif

When I tried to restore my old Nand backup files, a message told me that the files are for a different wii !!!
blink.gif

Nothing happend to my homebrew channel, so if there was any way to fix my wii please tell me ( even downgrading is fine ).

Thank you, and sorry for the trouble ( and my bad english ).
1. What trouble did you get? Can you please be more specific?
2. Are you sure you have IOS53 installed, and that the game is the same region as your Wii, and that you have the correct video mode set?
3. If you want to skip updates, go here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=195326 and install priiloader, along with the included hacks.ini, and enable the "Block Disc Updates" hack.
4. Were you using bootmii 0.3 to backup the NAND? v0.3 has this problem where it forgets to write a certain byte in the keys section, and then cannot read it. You need to edit the nand.bin at the end where the keys are, but I can't remember exactly where...

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
steves334 said:
dats wiitarded

Two topics today you've proved you are a total idiot in.. omfg pmsl @ U ...ha ha ha ha

EVERYONE (even the TOP devs) was a n00b at something, infact most things to begin with. Asking questions and learning from mistakes is what makes people what they are, but you seem to be repeating the same mistakes over and over (well twice in one day)

Is your time that unimportant that you waste it like this ? A.D.D ?

Mr.AMB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritius
tj_cool said:
Mr.AMB said:
DeadlyFoez said:

wacko.gif

Thanks man, it worked !!
yaywii.gif

Now Iam updating my wii with the sticky topic on the top.

Thanks for every one who helped me out.

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In my experience, the same thing happened for me with a retail NSMB disc. What I found to fix it was to have Priiloader block updates. Seems to be that the black screen had something to do with the update.

Easy fix.

Cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol