Hacking Question I cannot send payload to the "newly purchased" switch (model 2018 HAC-S-JXE-C3).

Rel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to cause more entropy, but XAJ700418XXXXX is not the cause by itself. Just got myself a brand new one in Portugal, it is a XAJ700418 console and I can send the payloads. Still on 4.1.0. Opened it, booted for first setup, RCM'd it, pushed biskeydump payload, reboot to Hekate 3.2 and now I'm backing up to SD card.

View attachment 135482
lM0KenM.jpg
:huh: Stange, so only some of the 7004 consoles are patched it seems.

Last edited by Joe88,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to cause more entropy, but XAJ700418XXXXX is not the cause by itself. Just got myself a brand new one in Portugal, it is a XAJ700418 console and I can send the payloads. Still on 4.1.0. Opened it, booted for first setup, RCM'd it, pushed biskeydump payload, reboot to Hekate 3.2 and now I'm backing up to SD card.

View attachment 135482
lM0KenM.jpg
This is hilarious. Now we have to decide whether the other users with those serial numbers lied (which I doubt) or if there is something else we can use to identify it. Might be worth posting other unique information like the model number

Last edited by Joe88,

djorn2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, Everyone. I just bought a new switch but I am noticing that all the serial in this thread starts with XAJ7XXXXXXX but mine start with XAW7001. Those the J in the serial mean Asia? W western?

I'm from the states and bought it through Amazon.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, Everyone. I just bought a new switch but I am noticing that all the serial in this thread starts with XAJ7XXXXXXX but mine start with XAW7001. Those the J in the serial mean Asia? W western?

I'm from the states and bought it through Amazon.
You are correct. J refers to Japan and W refers to Western (probably)

Wierd_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I knew this was inevitable. (Ninty patching the CVE.)
That's why I bought mine 2 months ago. XAW1005xxx

It should be delightfully vulnerable.

Still rocking the stock 4.1.0, and never been touched by any CFWs yet. Waiting patiently for Atmosphere, and a nice, clean emunand.

Reactions: BL4Z3D247

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I guess I am below the 7004. That must be a good sign. Awaiting patiently for the SX PRO.
The XAJX004 applies specifically to the Japanese Units. For Western units, the numbering appears to be very different so it cannot be used as a determinant. We require more data on Western units that are or are not patched and so far there is only one that has supposedly been patched. SX Pro thankfully can determine very quickly and effectively if your Switch is patched or not.
New TX payload supports patched bootrom .

Enjoy the free CFW and more lol.
The serial number used in the video is XAJX003 which has not been demonstrated to be patched by several other users. They also have not demonstrated that the unit they are running has actually patched the exploit in the first place. It is quite misleading to say the least.

Last edited by Draxzelex,

FearItSelf23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's most likely because the patch is just a quick fix at the factory and units already shipped out are less likely to get shipped back to the factory.

Wierd_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not buying into the hysteria

Oh, I totally knew Ninty would be patching that shit as soon as wild exploits happened. That is typical corporate inertia.

If there are no active threats to profit motive (eg, a CVE is out, but no "in the wild" usage yet that impacts the bottom line), it is not worth the added expense to patch the hole-- so units with the vulnerability will continue to ship.

Once there is an "in the wild" threat to profitability (EG, TX's SX OS)--- it suddenly becomes a major profit emergency, and you can bet your hairy asshole that Ninty will pucker it up and patch it fast.

I knew that once a reliable way in was found, that many hands would converge to break that console open. That is why I purchased my switch the very day after F-G was announced publicly.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The XAJX004 applies specifically to the Japanese Units. For Western units, the numbering appears to be very different so it cannot be used as a determinant. We require more data on Western units that are or are not patched and so far there is only one that has supposedly been patched. SX Pro thankfully can determine very quickly and effectively if your Switch is patched or not.
The serial number used in the video is XAJX003 which has not been demonstrated to be patched by several other users. They also have not demonstrated that the unit they are running has actually patched the exploit in the first place. It is quite misleading to say the least.

The second number may also be relevant. XAJX0043979 was the previous sets, this one is 41... .

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So the numbers we have for not working:
XAJ700438...
XAJ700439...

All are >0043

gnilwob

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
TX has bought 5 of this 'problem' consoles and got them all working fine with their SX PRO:

https://www.maxconsole.com/threads/...on-hac-s-jxe-c3-latest-switch-revision.47430/

But they still need the community help in finding consoles that clearly are not working with SX PRO, not talking about homemade jigs or 'software' payload uploads', but SX PRO owners.

You can contact them if you have one, and they will buy the unit off you, or swap it for compatible unit and cover shipping/handling, so check out the video, and news post. -- Enjoy! :)

Thanks for the info.
I am contacting team xecuter now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ¿ermoH laT euQ