Question I cannot send payload to the "newly purchased" switch (model 2018 HAC-S-JXE-C3).

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by gnilwob, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Kukielka

Kukielka GBAtemp Regular

Jul 11, 2018
    Germany
    Highly doubt that, mine had stock 4.0.1. The patched units run on 4.1 stock.

Youtube: HmhwFIoaWEQ

I think we can assume that the patched units roll out with the serial XAJ7004+.

adrifcastr likes this.
  2. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    Time will tell. But if it's so, we atleast got a lead(?) in the theory.

Kukielka likes this.
  3. Kukielka

Kukielka GBAtemp Regular

Jul 11, 2018
    Germany
    Found some more evidence for 7004+

SN XAJ700392 is the closest one to 7004 i've seen still having f-g.
    So far everything above 7004 seems to be patched. I guess I'm pretty damn lucky then! :) (Will pick another one up tho, prices will skyrocket for older revisions)

4. LFPereira

LFPereira Member

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2018
    Brazil
    https : // twitter . com/SciresM/status/1016724847504736256

Attached Files:

5. V-Temp

V-Temp GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 20, 2017
    United States
    There are many flaws in a bootloader, in all bootloaders. There are rarely ever multiple flaws of *this* magnitude.

6. gnilwob
    OP

gnilwob GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2008
    Hong Kong
  7. Kaizer47

Kaizer47 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2016
    Malaysia
    managed to inject payload to my switch and boot hekate.
    model: 2018 HAC-S-JXE-C3
    Serial number:XAJ700361XXXXX
    purchase it in march 2018

gnilwob likes this.
  8. smf

smf GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 23, 2009
    No, that isn't possible.

Technically the t210 bootrom cannot be modified after it leaves nvidia. The ipatches are applied at run time, but the t210 has a write once hash of the ipatches to prevent you downgrading them or creating your own.

This also prevents nintendo patching any bugs after the write once hash has been written.

9. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    Well, M$ actually seem to have sold repaired X360 as brand new, at least judging by how my friends got replacements all motherboards even of the same generation had different caps, some had glue on the SOC and others had fingerprints all over the place and some even had nasty dirty looking motherboards (similar to water damage marks) and they were all new so to me I actually think M$ repaired the ROD X360 and used the motherboard again to sell as new.

I don't know nothing about nintendo, but there was a lot of defective Switches and they might also do the same...

10. djorn2k

djorn2k Member

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2008
    United States
    Hmm. That's against the laws to sell an used item as new. I don't think that Nintendo will risk its reputation by reselling refurbished item as new. Just a thought.....

11. ewabc886

ewabc886 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2018
    Hong Kong
    I have the exact same model and lower serial number of (XAJ7003 something), and I successfully sent a payload to the device and boot into SX OS.
    However, I don't remember if it was 4.1.0 or 5.1.0 when I loaded it. I have updated the FW at some time, and the CFW is now cleared because I decided to wait for a more mature CFW release, before really getting into it.
    Hope my information can somewhat help you to figure out what's happening.

gnilwob likes this.
  12. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Can you provide evidence to back up your claims? Include only the relevant portion of the serial number as well as video proof of sending a payload successfully.

13. V-Temp

V-Temp GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 20, 2017
    United States
    The key number is XAJ7004.

If your unit is 003 then its not the same thing/source.

14. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    So far it seems to be the magic number. Going to be interesting to see how it unfolds.

15. ewabc886

ewabc886 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2018
    Hong Kong
    I think so, that the key is the serial number.
    That's why I tell my story and hope that the increase in sample size could help.
    I don't really understand why is a proof immediately requested. Is there a lot of fake infor in this forum or what? I have just created an account and leave my first comment because I think that it might help. It feels bad to be questioned like I was trying to lie.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Btw I bought my device in HK too, on 9July at night. Did OP buy the device in SSP too?

gnilwob and Zytos like this.
  16. smf

smf GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 23, 2009
    They have to ship the same ipatches in the refurb as the original, so whatever exploits in RCM existed in the original will exist in the refurb.

It would seem unlikely they would do that if they had started shipping switches with new ipatches. But it's possible.

17. Kukielka

Kukielka GBAtemp Regular

Jul 11, 2018
    Germany
    Alright! Tried Hekate out and made a backup while I was at it.
    Everything worked out right. Got a brand new Switch with SN XAJ7003439XXXX on 5.1

DaVinci and segway like this.
  18. ken39

ken39 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2009
    Indonesia
    Indonesia
    yes, one of switch forum member here in Indonesia had those model and 7003xx serial number.

and he can use sx os

purchased in June

19. DaVinci

DaVinci Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2018
    Germany
    Good to hear.

Where did you buy yours?

Also looking for a Switch in Germany.

Last edited by DaVinci, Jul 12, 2018
  20. Nezztor

Nezztor GBAtemp Regular

Nov 8, 2016
    Mexico
    If you see the serial start with 4 (004...)its hardware rev so its just matter of time when you wont find a old switch because everyone is getting the old ones